Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2021, 10:58 AM

313 posts, read 249,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge0001 View Post
I would like to point out that Mobile is actually nearly twice as safe as there previous home of Denver. Mobile is also one of the safest major cities in South (the safest of the 4 major cities in Alabama) beating out nearly every other city in our class. It appears that the negative stigma still continues, not sure how you can have an opinion of an area which you don’t live in or have no family that lives in it
Duuude I’ve literally been saying this but it’s just like no one can accept that it’s the truth.

Last edited by Yac; 08-03-2021 at 11:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2021, 11:04 AM

5,003 posts, read 9,157,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
There's definitely an anti-Mobile perception among lots of people on the Eastern Shore. I even see it in Escambia Co where I live. Lots of folks here prefer to do their shopping in Pensacola and Eastern Shore rather than venturing into Mobile, even though Mobile is actually a shorter drive due to I-65.

I blame FOX10. That, and a fear of "urban" black people. Country black people are okay

Ignorance and stupidity is what it boils down too. So what you are saying is that people in At.kre has this stigma of all blacknpeiple that live in Mobile ?

Old 07-30-2021, 11:08 AM

13,623 posts, read 7,936,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCity View Post
Ignorance and stupidity is what it boils down too. So what you are saying is that people in At.kre has this stigma of all blacknpeiple that live in Mobile ?
The stigma exists, but it's not just from people in "At.kre"...

thanks for cleverly and intentionally disguising my hometown btw

I like to be anonymous

Old 07-30-2021, 01:21 PM

261 posts, read 202,613 times
It seems like there’s always someone that comes in fear mongering about crime every single time a person asks about moving to Mobile. And most of the people that do that do not even live in Mobile

Old 07-30-2021, 02:05 PM

1,549 posts, read 2,583,412 times
Thank you all for the input. I'm going to insist on looking at properties in Mobile. Maybe I will love it and maybe I won't but I don't think it's right to just outright dismiss it and say it's not worth having a look.

Old 07-30-2021, 02:14 PM

5,003 posts, read 9,157,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
The stigma exists, but it's not just from people in "At.kre"...

thanks for cleverly and intentionally disguising my hometown btw

I like to be anonymous
Lol...Well tell them that there are black people in the Mobile area that do live in upper middle class neighborhoods. They may see a black family with a Mobile County tag and could be shocked that they live in Stone Hedge off of Grelot Road ,Wynnfield off of Sollie or Magnolia Springs in Semmes off of Schillinger which is prodaminantly black .

Old 07-30-2021, 02:22 PM

13,623 posts, read 7,936,616 times
Quote:
Lol...Well tell them that there are black people in the Mobile area that do live in upper middle class neighborhoods. They may see a black family with a Mobile County tag and could be shocked that they live in Stone Hedge off of Grelot Road ,Wynnfield off of Sollie or Magnolia Springs in Semmes off of Schillinger which is prodaminantly black .

Old 07-30-2021, 03:49 PM

1,501 posts, read 1,860,117 times
Sorry, OP, for this Merendino trolling, and welcome to the area (regardless of where you end up)!

Old 07-31-2021, 08:29 AM

240 posts, read 213,309 times
Quote:
You are welcome to chime in as you should but why did you choose to only chime in on this topic ? What about all of the other topics? I have never seen you post anything in this forum besides today.
So WHAT? last time I checked it's a free country....you can't be this shallow. I need not "get permission" to "chime in"....are you nuts?

Second, I have family ALL around Mobile! My family even owns lots of property outside of dangerous Birmingham, in Vestavia Hills, and Indian Springs, etc. We have vested interests all over the SE.

I know AL pretty well, from Madison to Birmingham to Mobile. I was just in Dothan with my sibling looking at 100+ acres.

Third, I even attended law school there.

Fourth....I stated I live in Sarasota, yep....Sarasota County, NOT The City of Sarasota.

Any fool knows crime is everywhere.

Unbelievable crap, but not unexpected one bit.

Old 07-31-2021, 08:33 AM

21 posts, read 15,022 times
So, what your saying no one you know lives in Mobile. They love around Mobile that's a big difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area