Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2011, 06:06 PM

19,827 posts, read 22,734,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Yes, gas will collect moisture. More importantly, gas will collect moisture from sweat in the tank at the local gas station and then you'll pump in into your car.

However, my truck is diesel. Diesel fuel collects moisture to the point that I've seen moss growing in a diesel tank.

Sticker shock? My pickup holds 147 gallons of fuel. Right now, diesel is $3.35 a gallon.
You run a fuel transfer tank straight into the stocker?

I used to use Liquid Muscle diesel treatment back in WV, but I can't find it out here. I have a bottle of PS in the garage and I add it pretty sparingly. The truck is in the garage at night, and usually if it's sunny out during the day my fuel stays pretty clear even down to -5 or so. I usually add PS if it's gonna be at least that cold though..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 06:10 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,098,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
You run a fuel transfer tank straight into the stocker?
I've got two stock tanks. One 106 gallon tank on the back. I run the big tank to a universal fuel pump. The pump goes to an electric A/B valve. the two outlets go to front and rear tank. Everything is on a three position switch on my dash. Center everything is off. Flip the switch up and it fills the front tank. Flip the switch down and it fills the rear tank. That way I'm alway running on a guage.

Going down the road and getting toward empty, I'll flip the switch and fill while going down the road. haha

Old 02-10-2011, 08:38 PM

Good thing I threw that new filter in the truck. Got a call late this afternoon and was told I have a doctors appointment at 830 in the morning. Wow, not only have had to go to town twice in the same month, but now it's twice in the same week. I hate towns.

Old 02-11-2011, 06:08 AM

Coffee's on. Along with some grits, eggs' sunny side up, bacon, hashbrowns, and did I mention Coffee?

Going to be a windy one today for most of us. Our weather called for wind yesterday, but it never showed up. Billing blew pretty good all day but it didn't reach here. Evidentally someplace in between sucks.

Old 02-11-2011, 08:04 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,082,121 times
Quote:
Coffee's on. Along with some grits, eggs' sunny side up, bacon, hashbrowns, and did I mention Coffee? Going to be a windy one today for most of us. Our weather called for wind yesterday, but it never showed up. Billing blew pretty good all day but it didn't reach here. Evidentally someplace in between sucks.
We are melting out as we speak.
Would those grits be instant grits, quick grits, or the real thing ?
I lived in the "South" for long enough to be able to tell the real thing from the quickies.
How you ask ?
Well nobody asked but I'll say it anyway. The best way for me to tell the difference is that if I am freaking starving by the time the grits are ready then I know it's the real thing.

Old 02-11-2011, 08:30 AM

19,827 posts, read 22,734,712 times
I haven't seen real grits in the stores around here. I love grits and ponhaus for breakfast!

Speaking of ponhaus, my neighbors family runs a butcher house and they're saving me all the parts to make some ponhaus- I may be busy in the garage next weekend making a batch..

Old 02-11-2011, 09:46 AM

8,094 posts, read 15,181,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
I haven't seen real grits in the stores around here. I love grits and ponhaus for breakfast!

Speaking of ponhaus, my neighbors family runs a butcher house and they're saving me all the parts to make some ponhaus- I may be busy in the garage next weekend making a batch..
Remember, parts is parts.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:51 AM

8,094 posts, read 15,181,182 times
Quote:
This morning, we were talking about "Heet". We used to see big sales in it every fall. Sometimes would get down to $ .49 a can. But we haven't seen it in the little cans, or on sale in several years. Tall red plastic bottles on the shelf now and not big sales. 10-12 bottles on the shelf at any given time. They used to put them at the end of the isle, or up front, or as you came in the door. Not any more.
Yeah, it'd go on sale and I'd buy a case. Always had some rattling around the truck, and the car before that. Then it got scarce. STP started the red bottles thing, I remember when that was new... dunno if it's the same stuff as Heet, but it does wonders if you get a batch of lousy Mexican gas.

Speaking of lousy gas, lately Arco gas has been real crap. My truck notices the difference. No power, doesn't want to go up the hills. Costco gas is much better. 40mph vs 60mph going up the same damned hill.

Old 02-11-2011, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
We are melting out as we speak.
Would those grits be instant grits, quick grits, or the real thing ?
I lived in the "South" for long enough to be able to tell the real thing from the quickies.
How you ask ?
Well nobody asked but I'll say it anyway. The best way for me to tell the difference is that if I am freaking starving by the time the grits are ready then I know it's the real thing.
Unfortunately, Quick Grits is all a person can find around here.

I did projects in Pensacola Florida, Charleston South Carolina, Norfolk Virginia, Virginia Beach, etc. I know what you mean about grits. What was that show with Vinny. What's a grit? It takes 18 minutes to cook a grit. hahaha

The one thing that used to really tick me off, down south, was tea. I love Ice Tea. I went into a restaurant in Charleston and asked for Ice Tea. They brought me Sweet Tea. I stopped the waitress and said, "I would like Ice Team, unsweetened. She said, and I quote, "Why on earth would you want to drink it that way, just drink what you have, you'll like it." So instead of having a nice supper and leaving a tip. I left with paying for a sweet tea that I didn't want. And no tip.

Well, I thought that was a fluke. Nope. Every restaurant I went into had Sweet Tea and the "Why on earth would you want something else" attitude. Learned quick not to order Ice Team. haha

Old 02-11-2011, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Yeah, it'd go on sale and I'd buy a case. Always had some rattling around the truck, and the car before that. Then it got scarce. STP started the red bottles thing, I remember when that was new... dunno if it's the same stuff as Heet, but it does wonders if you get a batch of lousy Mexican gas.

Speaking of lousy gas, lately Arco gas has been real crap. My truck notices the difference. No power, doesn't want to go up the hills. Costco gas is much better. 40mph vs 60mph going up the same damned hill.
Blue Bottle, sorry, it is a blue bottle, not red.

Was just in town and the cheapest fuel (diesel) was $3.39 a gallon. At least with my tank I can pick and choose and wait for better prices. I did that a couple years ago when gas spiked for some reason. Oil hit $100 a barrel or something and we had about 6 months of rediculous prices. Luckily I had a full tank and waited them out and sure enough, they finally dropped.

With my fuel tank, it's like playing the stock market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana