Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2011, 12:25 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,674,687 times

Advertisements

EH you are a true Christian man, even if you do not claim that. A true example of Christ. They went to their rest knowing someone on earth cared about them. How sad that our vets do not have more advocacy.
I guess we are too worried about illegals getting instate tuition...
God Bless you EH and take care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
The problem with age is that friends start dropping like flies. I've lost 1 and possibly 2 in the last week.

I think I've told you folks about the roomate I had in the VA a few years back. When he was discharged, he was homeless. So I've stuck with him. I got him a sleeping bag, a bike, got him set up on foodstamps, even went to bat for him at a motel. The motel charges higher rates during the summer and it was above and beyond what he could pay. I got the owner to agree to keep Tony all year for a set rate.

Every time I went to town, I took Tony out to lunch.

Yesterday, the paper said, "55 year old man found dead at the motel." Tony is 55. But I don't know if it's him. It's driving me nuts. The police won't release the name. I tried calling the police station and they won't give me anything. Which makes me think it is him.

So, in checking out Tony, I found out that Bob (also a roomate in the VA) died last week. What the hell is going on? Bob was only 61. No reason to be kicking no buckets now.

They be dropping like flies. Rickers, put down the fly swatter, back away slowly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2011, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Still melting out fast but I'm fuming at Microsoft and freaking Bing.
The bastards just wasted a lot of our day yesterday. I tried to bring up my emails etc in the morning and a major war between internet servers started on our hard drive. Everyone seems to have Clydesdales and we still use a worn out crippled donkey.
Our computer settings were changed (without our knowledge or permission), to set MSN as our default browser. This happened shortly after we downloaded a Bing toolbar.
I get a warning that my CPU is running at 100 % and maxed out so we spent hours getting the thing straightened out. The bastards.
Funny how when an internet search engine that is going down slow tries to steal customers to convince their shareholders that everything is fine.
The bastards.
Now there is a facebook page titled "Google Owns Bing"
I wish it was true.
The bastards, did I mention that I don't care for Bing.
Ha, Ha, I understand about one half of that conversation.. Still just pray it turns on here...
Hey friends in Missoula say it looks like spring there! Do you agree?

Old 02-15-2011, 12:37 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,053,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt-7 View Post
EH, I have noticed that there seems to be higher death rates in the Jan/Feb time frame. Maybe people will themselves to make it through the holiday season, maybe just more inside time with others germs? It just seems that in this colder climate more folks go during this time.

Hey neighbors for the past and next four months I will be away every other week for school, so don't worry, I haven't packed up for the Bahamas..
Here is a little song to to cheer and to enjoy...My absolute favorite band, trying to talk hubs into a concert next year when I graduate...
I determined a long time ago that life is what you make of it. If the wheel barrow is hard to push, your probably off the beaten path, move over a little bit. Doesn't take much, just a little. The pushing is a lot easier.

Concert? Graduation? Who'd a thunk it. It's about time ya dun gradiated. haha

The last concert I went to, I'll date myself now, was Kitty Wells. Went to the concert and was mindful that I walked on the outside of my date. Dad always said you walk on the outside to protect the female. I guess if a car come roaring up the street and lost control you was going to stop it. hahahaha

When I was riding, we even went to Leroy VanDike at the arena. Does that name ring a bell? How about the Auctioneer?

Damn. I need to get out more.

Old 02-15-2011, 01:00 PM

Of course I know the great Kitty Wells! But my daddy used to say "walk on the inside of the sidewalk or they will think you are for sale"!
The Gaither Band changes members often but they currently have some of my more favorite in right now. No, I have over 15 months of school yet so I have alot of time to save up for that show.
I like your wheelbarrow philosophy, I might just write that one down. Isn't is nice to get older, you do not feel such a need to always be right or to get to the top of the heap.
Seeing some bare ground, but now it is icey..

Old 02-15-2011, 02:22 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,064,665 times
From my front porch today, does this look like winter is still here.

Old 02-16-2011, 07:56 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,053,353 times
That snow looks nice Rickers. Peaceful, quiet.

No snow today here. Supposed to be mid 50's. Tomorrow is supposed to be low 30's with chance of snow.

It was a nice Indian Summer. Good break in the middle of snow and blowing. That wind we had the other day raised havoc with my cousin over in Cody. They had winds in excess of 100 mph. His camper is upside down on the hood of his prestine 1972 Chevy Impala. Camper sustained a lot of damage but he wasn't worried about it. The car only had a little damage.

The news paper identified the 55 year old that died at the motel. It was my friend. Will be going to town tomorrow. His sister (only living relative) doesn't have much to do with him. I'll be making arrangements. Not sure what or where. To my knowlege, I'm his only friend, so there won't be any services. I'll make an extra turn at the wheel when the weather permits. The road is closed right now and I'm not up to packing in. Used to when needed but the old bones just don't like sleeping on the ground in cold weather anymore. It's 30 miles to pack so it's at least a 2 day trip. Road will open in April-May and then I'll head up.

Coffee's on.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:38 AM

Quote:
That snow looks nice Rickers. Peaceful, quiet.
Coffee's on.
Tea is on also. ~♥~ It froze last night and our rigs are flocked.
It is shameful how we use our young folks for fighting our battles then toss them away when they can't fight any more. I know a lot of vets and I hear a lot of horror tales about how bad the V.A. handles things.

A turkey video may be coming to a porch near you.
I may title it, "Go here ~ now go there" !
Our computer, (The little half crippled donkey that does the work of a Clydesdale) has not been damaged by the hacking we just had done to our computer by Microsoft.
Did I mention that I am not fond of Bing, the bastards.
There should be an enforceable law against "slamming", there may be a law against slamming but how does one enforce it ?

Old 02-16-2011, 09:21 AM

I was just thinking about that law in Wyoming that makes it a crime to ski uphill.
I guess that trashed any chance for Wyoming to host any winter Olympic games ! I have skied uphill at Jackson Hole Ski Area many times. Good thing the S.O.L. has expired for skiing uphill if not I'll gladly march my patootie down to Sheridan and turn myself in, NOT, I'll act out like that old guy. ~ Teton Pass Ski Area has re-opened.
I'll go try to dig up a photo I took from the top of the lift at J.H. ~♥~
Never had The Gaither Vocal band on my radar but I think I bought all of the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band's records.

Here is a photo of the Rocky Mountain Front in the Blackleaf/Teton River area.
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_9a8nDInPVGE/TOVVuSARICI/AAAAAAAAHgM/QCPV7iFoiaQ/s512/IMG_0101-1.JPG (broken link)

Old 02-16-2011, 09:32 AM

8,087 posts, read 15,159,512 times
Quote:
When I was riding, we even went to Leroy VanDike at the arena. Does that name ring a bell? How about the Auctioneer?
Haha, I love that silly song

Old 02-16-2011, 10:47 AM

448 posts, read 1,070,539 times
Default So right

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
That's because our government likes to use our people to further some rich jerks agenda and then throw them away when they are of no more use to them.
The bastards.
My thinking exactly. People offer their services, their LIFE, for the good of our nation when the powers to be call them up and the recognition and thanks they get?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana