Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 07:12 PM

8 posts, read 13,308 times

Advertisements

thank you patriotsearcher sounds like my kind of thing i will definately check it out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2014, 01:38 AM

9 posts, read 8,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseLover320 View Post
Howdy everyone!!!! I am moving to Montana probably in the next six years after i finish my teaching degree. I know I will visit many places first and i have done extensive research on Montana and many places in it but I would like to get advice from some people who live there now.
I know that i will not have a problem with the weather. I live in Northen Pennsylvania currently and have dealt with snow all my life and love it lol. Cold does not bother me. The thing though that I would like advise on is...I know I might be a dreamer but I have always been a small town girl and was wondering if there are any towns that have a pretty low population that are a close-knit, hospitable, neighborly communities that have events like rodeo, barbeques, community picnics and stuff like that I would hope for it to be a christian community because I am a christian but it wouldnt be a neccessity. I would like for it to be a ranching community as well even though iI know that Montana is a big ranchig state anyway. If anyone has any answers for me please respond. Thank you for your time.
Hey, i can see its been awhile since this thread has been started but thought id pipe in. I grew up on a ranch in the blackfoot valley in a town called Helmville, and i agree with the others suggestions. But, might as well add a few more for you. Drummond, and Philipsburg are great little towns that would probably fit your description as well. Philipsburg has a population of about 900 and drummond close to 400. Both have high schools and a cousin of mine taught at philipsburg. Small schools tho, enrollment is really down and the schools will combine next fall to put a football team on the field. Philipsburg made the today show a few years back for raising 100 grand twice, once for the superintendent and once for his daughter. They both had cancer and both have beaten it! So, both those towns have the close-knit aspect that you talk about in your search criteria. Helmville tho has a post office and a bar....thats about it...haha. But, has one of the best rodeos in all of Montana. Well, wherever you decide on or if your already here mark labor day weekend on your calendar and come to the rodeo, you wont be disappointed! have a nice day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana