Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 10:22 AM

28 posts, read 69,570 times

Advertisements

We are busy out workin,fishin,huntin,takin the dogs to the lake!!! Enjoying our great state! And yes if you asked the owner about the STUFF they could tell you why they keep every item!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2011, 03:24 AM

1,065 posts, read 1,802,968 times
One of the main reasons my folks left Lolo back in 87 was because of the lazy and slobs that were our neighboors that left trash, dishwashers, cars on blocks ect... all on the front lawn

Now, sadly, its becoming more apparent in Missoula, especially the south hills area, the former "Snob Knob" area of Missoula society back in the 1970's.

This is what happens when people don't work hard or don't work at all *cough, welfare* and thus don't give a crap about their surrounding environment, let alone for other peoples sake.

Old 05-31-2011, 03:18 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,983,727 times
Hey, a lot of that "stuff" is ART!
I don't have much, just 1 1/2 old cream separators, a horse drawn plow, and a fake windmill. I would like to find an old steel wheel tractor.
A guy down the road has an old truck sitting in a rock pile. At Halloween he puts some straw bales, a couple of jack-o-lanterns, corn shocks, etc. on it.
Since I am a former A&P mechanic, I have thought about finding an old aircraft of some kind for "yard art".
I made the mistake once of cleaning up the place, took all the old metal and sold it for scrap. A week later, I needed a piece of 2X2X1/4 angle iron. DANG, that stuff is pricey when you buy it new!
Lesson learned: Keep it 'till it really IS junk, then sell it for scrap!

Old 06-01-2011, 09:34 AM

448 posts, read 1,071,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-AT28 View Post
One of the main reasons my folks left Lolo back in 87 was because of the lazy and slobs that were our neighboors that left trash, dishwashers, cars on blocks ect... all on the front lawn

Now, sadly, its becoming more apparent in Missoula, especially the south hills area, the former "Snob Knob" area of Missoula society back in the 1970's.

This is what happens when people don't work hard or don't work at all *cough, welfare* and thus don't give a crap about their surrounding environment, let alone for other peoples sake.
Well I agree with you. I try and keep my "junk" straightened, in a pile, less conspicuous and organized. People just don't take pride of the outside around their house anymore, wonder what the inside looks like? Nothing wrong in saving for future projects, just keep it under control.

Old 06-01-2011, 09:59 AM

8,090 posts, read 15,169,229 times
There's a difference between saving your junk for a rainy day, and throwing your trash any which place. It may not be immediately evident to the amateur eye, but to someone who does keep "I might need it" stuff, it sure is. Dead dishwashers more or less stacked together (do you know how hard it is to find parts for older appliances?!) vs tossed out the front door or wherever it fell out of the truck (who needs to go to the dump, anyway?!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana