Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 03:43 PM

5 posts, read 5,970 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have information for me regarding Helmville MT? My family is looking to move there and I am pregnant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2013, 06:22 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,155,738 times
You can find a lot of information here: https://www.city-data.com/city/Helmville-Montana.html

What kind of information would you like to know?

Old 07-10-2013, 09:14 AM

Well I have three children and I noticed the school in Helmville only goes to 8th grade. I have never heard of that before.As well I don't know if there is a doctor in town or how far is a grocery store. I am in Virginia and I found a place in Helmville thatI would like to move to but I'm so worried. Its like stepping on to another planet. Thanks for your help.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:18 AM

As well my husband will need a job and he is a diesel mechanic but he is good at alot of things.I didn't know if there was somewhere that he could work close.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:38 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,155,738 times
Did you take a look at that link I posted? If you did, you'd see that the town is only 500 people. You would also see how close it is, or how far it is, from surrounding towns and what their sizes are.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:49 AM

6,760 posts, read 8,618,325 times
Nice place though, a second cousin of mine lives there with her husband.
Beautiful place, kind of remote but you can get to Missoula as probably the closest large hospital.

Not sure where your kids would go to high school, some kids are bussed quite a ways, but it depends on if there is an in-county school available or if you have to cross the county line.

Great place to raise kids, good community, lots of wilderness and hunting/fishing/outdoor pursuits available right out your front door.

Old 07-10-2013, 10:05 AM

Yes I did look at the site. It was very helpful. Thank you alot. That was something else I wondered about was being picked up by a school bus. I was relieved to here they have that. MihffhhMMissoulaMissoula

Old 07-10-2013, 10:35 AM

sorry about that my phone had an attack.

Old 07-10-2013, 11:46 AM

297 posts, read 796,900 times
Helmville is very remote. You'd be driving to Missoula for just about all services. In the summer it's a nice drive, albeit time-consuming, but in the winter it can be hazardous and at times literally impossible. I don't know for certain but I doubt there are many jobs there. Potomac is a little closer to Missoula but still "country."

Old 07-11-2013, 07:23 AM

629 posts, read 1,725,753 times
Have you been there and why Helmville by the way? Not that there's anything wrong with Helmville, but coming from Virginia to a remote town in MT because you "found a place" (and by that I'm guessing you mean you found a place for sale on the internet?) sounds like a risky proposition.

If you think it's an area you'd be interested in, come out and visit.... in January. If you still love it at that point and have considered all the relevant info (schools, jobs, distance to services, etc.) then start looking, but don't base a decision like that on what you've seen on zillow.com or realtor.com or something. The romantic notion of living in a small town in MT ends up being much different from reality for many people who have moved out to give it a shot.

Not trying to rain on your parade. It's just that when someone from a much more populous state asks about a random small town in MT because they "found a place" it raises caution flags for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana