Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 02:41 PM

19,788 posts, read 22,695,361 times

Advertisements

Hopefully many more than that! Glad you are well Griz!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2013, 03:51 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,587,748 times
Glad to hear it went so well Griz!!

I knew you were too tough an old bear to let this keep you down

Old 12-07-2013, 04:04 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,380,609 times
Glad you are doing better. See, told you, snip snip, all over!

Old 12-08-2013, 05:06 PM

8,317 posts, read 29,482,462 times
I don't post much on the MT forum, but I saw this thread. Best advice given: Don't wait to get that bad gall bladder out. Fortunately for me, I recognized the symptoms of a failing gall bladder before things got critical. Went into the hospital on a Friday at mid-morning, was home by mid-afternoon. Never had to take a pain killer stronger than an ibuprofen. I was back at work early the next week--at a desk, though. At my 7 day check-up with the Doc, I asked her what I should eat at that point. "Anything you want," was her reply. Which I did. And that was that.

My biggest surprise after the surgery was how much better I felt--almost immediately. While it isn't always the case, quite often a gall bladder will start to fail slowly enough that the person may not realize just how sick it is making him or her until the thing is removed. Within a month of having my gall bladder out, I felt better than I had in more than a year.

One other note: the surgeon who removed my gall bladder (who specializes in the surgery) told me that it is very common for "Baby Boomers" to have a failing gall bladder by their late 50's. With each succeeding generation, that widespread failure rate is coming younger--down to the point that generations now in their 40's are already having a high failure rate. The culprit is the increasingly high-fat junk food diet of each newer generation, combined with ever more sedentary lifestyles.

Oh, if you wind up having to have hernia surgery, that it much more painful than the gall bladder deal. I have had both and the gall bladder was piece of cake compared to the hernia. Sorry.

Old 12-10-2013, 06:00 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,077,816 times
Glad to hear everything went well. Don't chase too fast for a couple, let it heal.

Old 12-10-2013, 07:42 AM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,308 posts, read 4,125,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Glad to hear everything went well. Don't chase too fast for a couple, let it heal.
......Hey Elk......

Yea, you're right about that chasin'............Doc says "if I ever caught one of them chicks I been chasing around town, I'd probably have to check with you or ole MTSilvertip to find out what to do next

Got home about 6 pm last night with my dog, sure was great to sleep in my own bed.......the day and a half I stayed over at my daughter's was great, but it ain't like being at your own place !!!

Ketch ya'all later

Old 12-10-2013, 07:09 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,077,816 times
Well, right now I am chasing nurses. I was admitted on 2 Dec into the VA. They worked on me about 6 hours and were loosing ground, so they threw me in a meet wagon and transported me to Memorial where I was in ICU until Sunday. Stable enough on Sunday to transport me back to the VA. So here I set in a really nice room. Might be out in a week. But for now, chows good, TV has lots of channels and its snowing. So I am fine.

Before you even ask, yes, still complications from my old gall bladder problem. But remember, mine had gangrein.

Old 12-10-2013, 08:09 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,587,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Griz View Post
......Hey Elk......

Yea, you're right about that chasin'............Doc says "if I ever caught one of them chicks I been chasing around town, I'd probably have to check with you or ole MTSilvertip to find out what to do next

Got home about 6 pm last night with my dog, sure was great to sleep in my own bed.......the day and a half I stayed over at my daughter's was great, but it ain't like being at your own place !!!

Ketch ya'all later
Hey now! You don't want my advice about chasing nurses, one caught me! My wife the She-Bear, She Who Makes the Rules is an LPN

Glad you are doing well Griz, Keep up the good work

Dang it Elkhunter, There's easier ways to meet nurses WITHOUT life threatening circumstances!!

You may be an overachiever, but that is taking it a little too far now!

Take care and get well soon. Timber needs you

Old 12-10-2013, 10:33 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,308 posts, read 4,125,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Well, right now I am chasing nurses. I was admitted on 2 Dec into the VA. They worked on me about 6 hours and were loosing ground, so they threw me in a meet wagon and transported me to Memorial where I was in ICU until Sunday. Stable enough on Sunday to transport me back to the VA. So here I set in a really nice room. Might be out in a week. But for now, chows good, TV has lots of channels and its snowing. So I am fine.

Before you even ask, yes, still complications from my old gall bladder problem. But remember, mine had gangrein.
.....Gosh Darn Elk, I sure am sorry you've had some "plumbin' problems" come back on ya

Sure hope your recovery is quick and complete.......definitely gotta be back at "the ole homestead" before Christmas so Santa can deliver those presents for you and Timber

Good luck & mend quick-like.............................................. .........

Old 12-10-2013, 11:05 PM

19,788 posts, read 22,695,361 times
Get well Elk!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana