Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2020, 04:32 AM

6,756 posts, read 8,577,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowave View Post
It's happening everywhere in the mountain west, so don't think it's any longer just unique to Montana.
It isn't unique to Montana, and with the wuhan flu panicdemic, more folks are trying to flee cities all across the country driving up prices in rural areas pretty much everywhere there is a rural area.
Just getting worse as now with computers, they can go anywhere there's a good internet connection.

People that want to live rural and farm or ranch are being completely priced out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2020, 04:10 PM

233 posts, read 276,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
Kalispell is getting to be more expensive $$$ and crowded.
This is not a new thing. Kalispell has been overpriced since Y2K

Old 12-21-2020, 11:16 PM

10,350 posts, read 13,934,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
It isn't unique to Montana, and with the wuhan flu panicdemic, more folks are trying to flee cities all across the country driving up prices in rural areas pretty much everywhere there is a rural area.
Just getting worse as now with computers, they can go anywhere there's a good internet connection.

People that want to live rural and farm or ranch are being completely priced out.
Wuhan flu huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exwyocowboy View Post
This is not a new thing. Kalispell has been overpriced since Y2K
Was that when Kalispell was discovered?

Old 12-22-2020, 03:35 PM

233 posts, read 276,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
Was that when Kalispell was discovered?
I suppose it went onto the survivalist map about then. But that end of the Flathead and Whitefish have been the playgrounds of the noveau riche since the 60's.

Old 12-26-2020, 08:13 AM

6,545 posts, read 7,127,359 times
Quote:
I suppose it went onto the survivalist map about then. But that end of the Flathead and Whitefish have been the playgrounds of the noveau riche since the 60's.
I met a guy in his 80’s or so in Deadwood last December who’s born and raised in Whitefish. He said the town’s “breaking point” was when Iron Horse Golf Course/club was put in. A bail bondsman I friended at a bar in town also agreed with it (not because I was arrested and needed him ) The guy I met in Deadwood had to move because he couldn’t afford the town anymore. Found some other small affordable place hours away and wasn’t too happy about having to do it.

Old 12-26-2020, 09:25 AM

10,350 posts, read 13,934,050 times
Quote:
The survivalist map?

Old 12-28-2020, 05:30 AM

185 posts, read 461,176 times
Unfortunately, housing prices are rising everywhere, including the affordable "Midwest" without the wages following.

4 Years ago you could find a decent small house for $120k where I'm at in Iowa (where the jobs are), and now those same houses are going for $200k-$300k. There is a disgusting amount of condos and zero-lots being sold for that amount or more.

Of course a beautiful area with mountain scenery is going to demand prices similar, especially in the internet age where you don't have the fear of a commute.

Old 02-20-2021, 01:13 AM

3,563 posts, read 5,375,696 times
I fly out of Kalispell often (except 2020, of course). And I've had vehicle work done there, spent some time in town. Walked from the airport out off the highway, was immediately p/u by driver that dropped me at an intersection five miles toward town, then p/u again and offered a ride the rest of the way. That hasn't happened IN MY LIFE. And while it was raining, I didn't even have my thumb out. Talk about nice people.

BUT Montana and Kalispell seems to be a place where you either have money, or have almost nothing to work with. Lots of ranches three/four generations deep that probably NEVER had a mortgage, or govt. employees well retired with cash flow, or second/third generation small business, but all the rest? Struggle to and for work of some kind. Keep that in mind. Service is great everywhere, and is what I miss most about not living in the USA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana