Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 07:44 PM

8,087 posts, read 15,153,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtcwgirl View Post
check with the local cow vets - Bruce Sorensen and Will Oliver, just to name a few.
Say hi to Bruce for me if ya see him I remember when he was just out of school and came to intern under Bob Sager, and I could see right off he was going to be a good'un

Don't know the other fella... where's he at?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2009, 03:23 PM

989 posts, read 3,524,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 74ford View Post
Well thats not really what i was looking for if i wanted somone to tell me how hard it is then i would have asked i have lived on the east coast all my life but just cause we dont have 12,000 acre ranches out dosent mean we dont know the hardships
Do they use punctuation in the east?

I think any ranch would love to have a smart a$$ easterner working for them. We are not that smart out here in the west so the knowledge you could share would benefit any spread.

Old 02-18-2009, 05:33 PM

10 posts, read 35,263 times
Will Oliver has his own practice in Threeforks, MT - Chuteside. He graduated from Virginia State University in '94. He's been practicing here for almost 10 years. He is well educated and has a good attude. He works mainly on cattle and horses, but does the odd cowdog too. All around a great vet. I will say hi to Bruce for you. Will he know you by Reziac? Hehe! And i agree, he is a "good'un". He is known as the best cow/sheep vet in a 500 mile radius. I'm glad his rep proceeds him.

Old 03-05-2009, 11:12 AM

8,087 posts, read 15,153,325 times
Quote:
Will Oliver has his own practice in Threeforks, MT - Chuteside. He graduated from Virginia State University in '94. He's been practicing here for almost 10 years. He is well educated and has a good attude. He works mainly on cattle and horses, but does the odd cowdog too. All around a great vet.
Sounds like my kind of guy. Down here in SoCal you can't find a practical livestock vet anymore!! It's all about specialty practices and snake oil and how much money you can suck out of the client.

Quote:
I will say hi to Bruce for you. Will he know you by Reziac? Hehe! And i agree, he is a "good'un". He is known as the best cow/sheep vet in a 500 mile radius. I'm glad his rep proceeds him.
Nah, in fact I'm not sure Bruce ever knew my name, but he might remember me as the person with the horde of Labradors who used to live east of Belgrade

I'm not surprised that's his rep today... right from the start he was smart enough to observe what he didn't know, and to figure out when by-the-book wasn't gonna work, and then to intern with Bob Sager and his "whatever works" practicality... That kind of learn-along-the-way is what makes a super vet, not how much book learnin' they brought with 'em out of school. Dang, I'm proud of him

Old 12-22-2010, 12:27 PM

1 posts, read 932 times
hey
i would really like to work on a ranch for some month upto half a year after i finished school in germany but all i could find were ranches for tourists. i don't care that it is hard work and little money but i think that i at least don't want to pay for working. is there any oppertunity to work on a ranch for girl with only little working experience? i would be very thankfull for any tip.

Old 12-22-2010, 08:12 PM

684 posts, read 1,150,178 times
"Has anyone worked on a ranch?"

Yup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana