Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 10:33 AM

1 posts, read 3,890 times

Advertisements

We would highly recommend Dillon, MT! Check it out. We bought our house on an acre almost two years ago. We came from a retirement community in Green Valley, AZ but found we much prefer the cooler climate, more land, and wide open spaces. The people are very friendly in Dillon. We've seen not only unlocked cars but also unlocked and running parked in front of the Safeway store. There isn't a lot of shopping but you will find a good infrastructure including groceries, gas, restaurants, hospital, even a University. We found Dillon through ****.com
Now we are thinking of selling our house and buying a little more than one acre in Dillon.
Good luck in your search.
Lynne
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2007, 05:17 PM

4 posts, read 20,259 times
Default Don't Laugh

Hey!
Don't laugh cause I sounded like a Real Estate Magazine. I do truly love living in Eureka. Maybe if you had grown up in Chicago you would know what I'm talking about. Regardless of what you think, you made be laugh....so THANKS!

Old 03-04-2007, 07:54 PM

9 posts, read 50,305 times
Smile Thank you!

Thank you all for your responses -
I appreciate the help and will be checking on all the area's mentioned.
Take care, see you in July!

Old 03-10-2007, 09:38 PM

62 posts, read 471,180 times
Default Oh, I thought you wanted Central Montana

[quote=dcconey;353863]My husband and I are thinking about retirement in Montana, and have visited every year for the past 4 years.
We are looking for a very small town, gotta have tree's/mountains/quiet
I don't like shopping so convience is not important. QUOTE]

I thought you wanted inexpensive Central Montana property. When was the last time you've been through Troy/Yaak? Yes, a beautiful area MORE beautiful 10 years ago. Its almost sad what has taken place up there. Hmmm, yes, Lincoln county is beautiful. From the description of what you are looking to find that area can not be beat.

I can not guarantee that you can continue your bad habits up there. Since the yokel wrote all about Yaak country in the New Yorker or whatever books he wrote....it has been discovered by every Tom Dick and Henry. It once was pristine with very little congestion.

I was up there two years ago and could not believe what had taken place in such a short time span....DEVELOPERS !!! Sad Before you could have found an old cabin or a local selling a bit of his ground. Now there are pristine yellow pine log cabins, so cutely placed on their 5 acre plot with COVENANTS and river access only to those who have purchased the parcel in the development.

The bunny rabbits and the bears don't even know which way to turn now. Yes, it is a very lovely part of Montana ...

Old 06-12-2007, 09:58 AM

448 posts, read 1,071,012 times
Where is Phillips County? Sounds like a place for me !!

Old 06-30-2007, 01:52 PM

15 posts, read 51,888 times
If you are of retirement age and wanting to be away from services, I would think about this a little more, services also include things like fire and ambulance. Unless you want to move again, I would keep in mind that as you get older, you may need an ambulance to come to your house and you may need them to get their pretty quick. Many people move in and then away again when their health starts to fail after lifeflight has picked them up a few times. They say it takes about 30-45 minutes for the ambulance to get to your location out of town and that much to get back, too many people forget this when they move out here. It is much more than shopping.

Old 07-13-2007, 01:27 AM

947 posts, read 3,573,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne van View Post
We would highly recommend Dillon, MT! Check it out. We bought our house on an acre almost two years ago. We came from a retirement community in Green Valley, AZ but found we much prefer the cooler climate, more land, and wide open spaces. The people are very friendly in Dillon. We've seen not only unlocked cars but also unlocked and running parked in front of the Safeway store. There isn't a lot of shopping but you will find a good infrastructure including groceries, gas, restaurants, hospital, even a University. We found Dillon through ****.com
Now we are thinking of selling our house and buying a little more than one acre in Dillon.
Good luck in your search.
Lynne
Ah, beautiful Dillon! I'm a New England boy, but currently living in the south.. however I have lived as far west as North Dakota.

That being said, I've seen pictures of Dillon and even applied for a job there (I'm a radio broadcaster).. it's absolutely BEAUITFUL in Dillon!

Old 07-13-2007, 08:19 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,074,064 times
The whole darn state of Montana is absolutely beautiful and I don't think it makes any difference about whether this town or that town is liberal or conservative or not. All the small towns are still like Mayberry l but all areas are developing very fast. If you like the old Montana well guess what? It's going bye bye fast. I live in a very small funky eclectic hot springs resort town am I'm selling my house to buy a place closer to the big muddy and to be closer to big shopping and more eateries. A person could sell a house in Baltamore and with the money buy four houses and a new motorhome up on the highline !

Old 07-14-2007, 08:52 AM

28 posts, read 147,657 times
Default been thinkin' bout' Montana for a long time now.

Hi:

My hubby and I have been thinking about checking out Montana for a while now. We currently live in SW New Mexico ( a small town at least 2-3 hours from any major city) and have our home on the market to sell. We want to move, but are unsure of where to go next. We have looked at Roundup-Billings area because the housing prices seem to be very reasonable. You can get alot for your money there it seems. Know anything about the area?? I am in the healthcare field and am currently on assignment till Jan in Tucson, AZ. So, I thought as a healthcare traveler would be a good way to check it all out. When is a good time to visit the state? Also, any folks out there reading this that live in Montana can you tell me about some of the places there? We would like to be close to a bigger city like Billings, but not live right in town. We have gotten to use to the privacy that living out of town offers on 12 acres. Any places with privacy, low cost of living, reasonable housing prices, and plenty of the things that you need to survive?? I am willing to commute at least 1/2 to get to work.

Old 07-18-2007, 03:16 PM

9 posts, read 57,413 times
Default Moving to MT

I just now found this site so you may already have found your special place. Take a look at Sanders County, milder winters & lots for sale e.g my place. Check out Realty Northwest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana