Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 01:05 AM

8,090 posts, read 15,165,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fodderman View Post
After reading about them, I'm almost ready to join. In the last few years, we've been steadily moving from a very fast-paced life to a much, much more simple life. We're not quite there yet, but these fine folk are a source of inspiration.
Yep -- they're a good example of how life doesn't need to be all hurry-up and keeping-up and the latest shiny gadget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fodderman View Post
If only they didn't have that "pacifism" rule. I can completely see one not wanting to go to war and kill because some politician tells them to -- especially with vermin like Senator Murtha in power. But complete pacifism? I just couldn't do that. If some goober is assaulting a loved-one, neighbor, or whoever, said goober can expect a 2x4 smacked across his backside. And that's only if I don't have some form of firearm handy.
Same here!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2009, 01:08 PM

214 posts, read 601,970 times
I was invited to a nudist colony party once years ago when I lived in Phoenix complete with families and kids. My body looked pretty good back in those days, back in th late 70's, so I felt confident to go. I suppose you could call that an 'independent community' in some respects 'cause the members practice year round. Well, the conversations there had nothing to do with how your body looked, it just had to do with the prejuideces were all taught growing up in society. It was like any other party you go to with clothes on. That was always the main theme during the baby boomers tenure when young, was developing an alternative life style. The younger people today practice it too, but not to the degree we did. Today it's more clinical in nature and has to do more with your health, than a collective approach to a particular philosophy. Of course we were a part of that psychedelic stuff.

Old 12-30-2009, 09:57 AM

1 posts, read 1,323 times
Default Unite and believe

Slaves? i don't think so, i do not like the idea of not being able to escape from the cyclic nature of this system. If only people believed, and united we could do anything, our motive should never be interest that's why our society is getting so corrupted. We have the technology, energy is infinite, food is abundant and ignorance is not bliss in this matter, they are breeding us through the system itself, preconditioned to believe we have to work to survive....? The day i worry about survival is the day plants don't grow from the earth. I know im a dreamer but thats the field where it all begins, anyways, if anyone shares my ideals maybe we should start networking

Old 03-06-2012, 10:03 PM

1 posts, read 950 times
I talked to a few today seem to be very polite
And very to the point. Could not ask for
A more honest person these days

Old 03-06-2012, 10:39 PM

203 posts, read 496,952 times
Having the Dutch-Amish in Eastern PA kinda reminds me of these folks. They however do not use modern technology. There is a "sect" for lack of a better term where in business it is OK. We have a place in Philly called The Reading Terminal where Amish work, they all have better cell phones than I do. But they lock them up there and do not take them home.

The Amish here always have the best goods. Be it food or craft. I am glad to read there are similar folk there in Montana.

The Mennonites however....I have not much positive to share so I won't share at all...

I do admire the Amish. But they are suffering much do to land costs and development out here. Everyone wants to live close by them, but they do nothing to preserve them. I know they are people, but buying up farm land and throwing up 300 houses over sized, and over priced to "live in the charming Amish communities," is sickening to me. That land could be used for farming...then to people who have rushed to these areas are now complaining that the roads are to congested...pffft...

Last edited by gfunkerror; 03-06-2012 at 10:42 PM.. Reason: I am embarrassed to say... :P
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
View detailed profiles of: