Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 07:09 AM

10,147 posts, read 15,052,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUPharm2007 View Post
Ah, Morgantown. Where the opening of a chain restaurant is big news.

Dunkin donuts will take motown by storm. The big n toasty will cause at least a dozen Morgantown heart attacks.
Ah, Philly... where Rocky Balboa is some kind of folk hero. And, you're a pharmacist... heart attacks... Philly Chese Steaks... okay, you sure got us there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2012, 10:05 AM

552 posts, read 739,104 times
If you aren't interested in new restaurants why would you click on the link. Yes it is exciting because if your like me, a foodie, then you like to experience new foods. Personally I enjoy ethnic foods so I would be excited for a new Indian restaurant near by. Also some places have different places to eat, for example we dont have eat n park, boston beanery, qdoba places I really enjoy. I actually enjoy eating, it keeps me from drinkin

Old 01-17-2012, 05:51 PM

939 posts, read 1,893,839 times
So since Northern Virginia has gifted you a Five Guys, when will I get a DP Dough within a short, drunk walk of my house here?

Old 01-17-2012, 06:04 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,349,533 times
Just a word of advice, their "miniburger" is the size of a normal burger while their "burger" is two patties. They cook their food fresh so it isn't sitting in grease all day like at McDonalds. They are expensive though (usually between $10-12 just for a burger, fries and a drink). I am surprised that it has taken them this long to open the one in Morgantown up, they have been spreading like wildfire in the burbs of Pittsburgh

Old 01-17-2012, 06:04 PM

6,081 posts, read 9,117,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GustavoFring View Post
So since Northern Virginia has gifted you a Five Guys, when will I get a DP Dough within a short, drunk walk of my house here?
I'd like a D P Dough near my house too!

Old 01-17-2012, 07:50 PM

4,965 posts, read 8,959,837 times
Gustavo, not sure where you live but Chris, there is a DP Dough in Huntington if you are ever down this way.

DP Dough Marshall University - Food/Grocery - Huntington, WV - Info | Facebook

Old 01-18-2012, 04:44 AM

6,081 posts, read 9,117,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey1138 View Post
Gustavo, not sure where you live but Chris, there is a DP Dough in Huntington if you are ever down this way.

DP Dough Marshall University - Food/Grocery - Huntington, WV - Info | Facebook
Ohhh wow! Next time I'm over that way I'll have to stop.

Old 01-18-2012, 03:05 PM

939 posts, read 1,893,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
Ohhh wow! Next time I'm over that way I'll have to stop.
The closest one to me is in College Park, MD, which is not a place you want to do a drunk night walk to...

Old 01-23-2012, 01:05 AM

552 posts, read 739,104 times
Fyi I ate at the 5 guys in jefferson co, it was ok but dont get your hopes up. I thought it would have a bigger variety ie blue cheese burger or something to that affect. I also didn't see where the burgers were huge. I got a bacon cheeseburger and it was about the size of a double qtr pounder from mcds, so big but not anything special. It was good, but no better then a mcd burger. They try to make you feel like it is better by putting up advertisements of their achievements. I dont think it cost 10 to 12 as previously mentioned maybe with large fry and large drink included, but I think the burger I got with bacon was 4.99 or somethin. I did think the fries were good they have cajun fries and provide vinegar, kind of reminded me of boardwalk fries from oceancity. So if you want an all around good burger this is a good choice, but its far from the best burger.

Old 01-24-2012, 09:20 PM

537 posts, read 959,148 times
Agree pretty much exactly with boycewv above. I mean, it's fine and all, but it's not like it's even a real restaurant -- i.e., no waiters, it's a chain, etc.

Decent burgers & dogs & good fries, as mentioned. OK prices -- not great but not bad. The one in Jeff. County (Charles Town, I guess it is) has a good vibe, employees seem happy (relatively speaking), we have fun there. Satellite radio Classic Rewind lets the good times roll.

So it's good stuff, just have modest expectations. i.e., "Wait for 5 Guys Almost Over" is waaaaay too breathless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown