Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 08:56 PM

492 posts, read 612,805 times

Advertisements

Did that project finally run out of money? Haven't seen any movement down there for a month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2013, 09:38 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,077,683 times
I think most of the current work is being done on the inside where it isn't readily available for view.

Beechview Place | Facebook

Old 04-30-2013, 04:16 AM

671 posts, read 1,059,586 times
Much of the work is cosmetic at this point. The business space on the ground floor still has a way to go, but from the rail trail, I've observed continuous progress on the parking area and trail access. At the south side of the building, you can now note a nice metal arch that indicates trail access.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:04 PM

Drove past it today, and it is clear that they are mostly working inside at this point.

Old 05-02-2013, 06:54 PM

939 posts, read 1,896,241 times
I'm looking forward to seeing it, not only does it replace a bunch of dilapidated housing, but it also blocks off a lot of the view of the ugly power plant. Given that the Mileground and Beechurst are frequently the first things visitors see in Motown, I'm really glad they're concentrating on getting it cleaned up.

Old 05-02-2013, 07:04 PM

It will be a very nice addition. They are focusing on cleaning up a lot more than that too. For a small town in these tough economic times, our development around here is astonishing. While you're visiting, be sure to notice the other positive activity in Sunnyside and the development at Suncrest, then read about our new ballpark and TIF district to get a sense for what has been happening.

Old 05-04-2013, 12:38 PM

939 posts, read 1,896,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
It will be a very nice addition. They are focusing on cleaning up a lot more than that too. For a small town in these tough economic times, our development around here is astonishing. While you're visiting, be sure to notice the other positive activity in Sunnyside and the development at Suncrest, then read about our new ballpark and TIF district to get a sense for what has been happening.
I'm so happy to see sunnyside being leveled. I loved the character, but those places were ugly, dangerous rat traps. I know it will kill the house party scene, but WVU is one of the last remaining huge schools to have such a such a scene anyways, and it's not exactly a flattering image.

Old 05-07-2013, 08:49 AM

1 posts, read 2,300 times
Hello all,
New to this forum, Im wvu alumni coming back for a masters in the fall and couldn't be more excited.
Beechview place is set to be completed for the Fall Semester. Im currently apartment searching in the downtown area, looking for a nice apt as i have spent my share of time in some questionable morgantown housing during my undergrad years. I emailed beechview place and apts are starting at 695 per person for a 3 bedroom. Parking passes are an addition 150 a month. The apartment layouts, which can be found on their website [URL="http://www.AplaceattheBeech.com"]www.AplaceattheBeech.com[/URL] seem to be really nice. However it would be nice to find nice housing within walking distance to campus that dont require an arm and a leg to pay for and get rented by november of the previous year!

Old 08-01-2013, 03:32 PM

2 posts, read 2,889 times
I hear that a hot dog place is opening up here? Apparently getting shipped in from another state.. Has anyone else heard about this? Really exciting if its true.

Old 08-01-2013, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckam41 View Post
Hello all,
New to this forum, Im wvu alumni coming back for a masters in the fall and couldn't be more excited.
Beechview place is set to be completed for the Fall Semester. Im currently apartment searching in the downtown area, looking for a nice apt as i have spent my share of time in some questionable morgantown housing during my undergrad years. I emailed beechview place and apts are starting at 695 per person for a 3 bedroom. Parking passes are an addition 150 a month. The apartment layouts, which can be found on their website www.AplaceattheBeech.com seem to be really nice. However it would be nice to find nice housing within walking distance to campus that dont require an arm and a leg to pay for and get rented by november of the previous year!
Options are increasing all the time. Although not close to campus, some of the developments have swimming pools, rec rooms, free transportation to and from classes, social events, the whole 9 yards. Some of them will even come and get you from downtown late evenings on weekends. Prices mostly depend on the number of folks you want sharing a room, common living room and kitchen, etc. They have plans everyone can afford, it's just that the cheaper ones involve more roommates. The days of the student slums are rapidly disappearing in Morgantown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown