Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2019, 06:19 AM

219 posts, read 248,003 times

Advertisements

I'm amazed that they can even fit it in there. The space looks tiny from the main road passing by. Korean BBQ would be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2019, 06:44 AM

491 posts, read 610,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwell7845 View Post
I'd take a chain if it was something different than the usual burgers and fries places, which is all we seem to get, even from the new local restaurants.
Then how are we supposed to keep up our #1 obesity ranking if we don't get the greasy spoons?

Old 08-06-2019, 06:47 AM

1,384 posts, read 2,512,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djaerial View Post
I'm amazed that they can even fit it in there. The space looks tiny from the main road passing by. Korean BBQ would be great.
The lack of parking on that rendering concerns me. That could make it harder to attract a sit down restaurant...which could require more parking than your standard nail salons, cell phone stores, mattress stores, etc.

Old 08-06-2019, 07:10 AM

1,854 posts, read 2,228,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmccul View Post
The lack of parking on that rendering concerns me. That could make it harder to attract a sit down restaurant...which could require more parking than your standard nail salons, cell phone stores, mattress stores, etc.
I am betting the grass lot area in front of this new building will be turned into a parking lot for the building since the advertisement mentions "ample parking".

Old 08-06-2019, 07:23 AM

2,021 posts, read 4,616,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUmatt View Post
Same. While it would be nice for a new place to be local/one of a kind, I’d take some new types of chains also, like a Macaroni Grill/Carabas/Bucca Di Beppo, Genghis Grill, Quaker Steak, Bone Fish, BJ’s Brewhouse etc... I think Genghis Grill would do amazingly well here.

Also give me a Korean BBQ place, another type of steak house maybe (I think wishing for a Brazilian place might be to big of an ask), a Japanese Ramen and Soba Noodle place, and a French cuisine place.
Any of those would be nice in Morgantown. I think a Yard House would do well too. It's part of the Darden family chain of restaurants (Olive Garden, Red Lobster, etc) which are already in the local market- just has more options and great selection of beer.

Old 08-06-2019, 09:01 AM

1,384 posts, read 2,512,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUmatt View Post
I am betting the grass lot area in front of this new building will be turned into a parking lot for the building since the advertisement mentions "ample parking".
Gotcha, makes since. I'm not super familiar with the lot.

Old 08-06-2019, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmccul View Post
Gotcha, makes since. I'm not super familiar with the lot.
Here are the original plans, the third photo in shows the layout. Essentially the smaller building towards the road and all of the parking around it outlined in green is the grass lot area I am talking about. They may still have plans for this lot, but I am betting it will be parking. The bigger building above it is where the new plans have that much larger building.

Petroplus & Associates, Inc. » West Place – University Town Centre

Old 08-06-2019, 02:27 PM

255 posts, read 391,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAmtneer82 View Post
Any of those would be nice in Morgantown. I think a Yard House would do well too. It's part of the Darden family chain of restaurants (Olive Garden, Red Lobster, etc) which are already in the local market- just has more options and great selection of beer.
My guess from the deck overlooking town would be that they would try for an upscale bar of some sort. That could draw customers from the hotel, baseball and the new apartments. I have to say the rendering of the building is boring.

The original plan called called for two restaurants, one closer to the road.

Also these developers need to find someone better at naming their developments. Courtyard this, Commons that, East, North whatever. Hard to tell them apart. The closest thing to a catchy name in the whole area is Black Bear Village Apartments; everyone will have a good idea where they are.

Old 08-07-2019, 06:35 AM

491 posts, read 610,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowWin View Post
My guess from the deck overlooking town would be that they would try for an upscale bar of some sort. That could draw customers from the hotel, baseball and the new apartments. I have to say the rendering of the building is boring.

The original plan called called for two restaurants, one closer to the road.

Also these developers need to find someone better at naming their developments. Courtyard this, Commons that, East, North whatever. Hard to tell them apart. The closest thing to a catchy name in the whole area is Black Bear Village Apartments; everyone will have a good idea where they are.
It's probably the Courtyard Marriott that's financing it hence the name. It makes sense to develop some restaurants next door to make the hotel more attractive.

Old 08-09-2019, 10:11 AM

Sign with a rendering of the new bank near the courtyard is up (finally someone puts up a sign). Also looks like some earth has been disturbed to the left of the Chevy dealership, but I’m not sure if it is related to the construction in the Walmart parking lot.

Also to the above about the Courtyard Commons, yes the owner of the Courtyard Hotel owns all that land.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown