Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2009, 01:29 PM

1,356 posts, read 6,025,634 times

Advertisements

I need to get the contact info for my investor so I can arrange a short sale with a promissory note to preserve my credit.

My servicer, Li**ton Loan, is awful. It was like pulling teeth to find out the investor is Wells Fargo as Trust ADM/MS. When I called Wells Fargo I was told they couldn't find me in their system but they have 38 mortgage divisions and I could be in any one of them.

The house is in escrow right now but I am afraid it will fall through if I can't get some arrangement from the investor. I know Wells Fargo does this kind of thing but it is just a matter of getting to the division that holds my loan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2009, 02:13 PM

28,455 posts, read 85,346,203 times
HUH?

Your house is in escrow?

Your servicer should be your contact to get the short sale going -- they should be able to direct you to the actual investor that is getting the income stream from your loan. If that investor is under the WF umbrella now they MUST be able to track your loan.

Old 08-04-2009, 02:46 PM

So far the servicer is stalling in giving me contact information other than the name.

Old 08-05-2009, 10:58 PM

29 posts, read 127,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niners fan View Post
I need to get the contact info for my investor so I can arrange a short sale with a promissory note to preserve my credit.

My servicer, Li**ton Loan, is awful. It was like pulling teeth to find out the investor is Wells Fargo as Trust ADM/MS. When I called Wells Fargo I was told they couldn't find me in their system but they have 38 mortgage divisions and I could be in any one of them.

The house is in escrow right now but I am afraid it will fall through if I can't get some arrangement from the investor. I know Wells Fargo does this kind of thing but it is just a matter of getting to the division that holds my loan.
Chances are that your loan is owned by either Freddie Mac or Fannie Mae but regardless;
the servicer (who I presume by your statement) of the loan will have to agree to do a short
sale on this property after your financials are analyzed.

How do you know that you will need a promissory note to close this deal ? ... You may be
asked for one or you might not need one.......

There are other factors that you will need to consider before you proceed with a short sale;

1. Is there any Mortgage Insurance attached to your loans ?
2. Are there any other liens on the property
3. Is it listed with a realtor or are you doing it yourself ?

These are "some" of the things you will need to know before you commence this roller coaster
ride........

Old 08-09-2009, 11:03 AM

Thank you for your responses. The more I talk to people the more I am finding that the demand for a promissory note in a short sale typically comes from the mortgage insurance company and not from the lender or investor.

I know I would need a promissory note because we will be between $33k $48k short on the sale. At this point I am not going to start a short sale. I can afford to keep making payments for now if I can't figure out a way to complete the sale.

Old 08-10-2009, 09:04 AM

29 posts, read 127,312 times
Quote:
Thank you for your responses. The more I talk to people the more I am finding that the demand for a promissory note in a short sale typically comes from the mortgage insurance company and not from the lender or investor.

I know I would need a promissory note because we will be between $33k $48k short on the sale. At this point I am not going to start a short sale. I can afford to keep making payments for now if I can't figure out a way to complete the sale.
One suggestion if I may; I hope the people you are talking to are from the bank
and not someone who considers themselves to be an expert on the subject of
short sales.

Promissory notes can come from either the investor and/or Mort. Insurance (MI),
the negotiator will determine if a promissory note will come from the investor
but as far as MI is concerned it will be an independent decision made not by the
negotiator but by MI dept. themselves.

Question: How did you come up with those figures of $33k-48k ? are these figures
based on the current unpaid balance of your mortgage ?

Old 09-12-2009, 12:50 AM

1 posts, read 5,760 times
Quote:

------
I am in the exact same boat as you. I wrote to Litton asking for the investor and was told that the investor is Wells Fargo as Trust ADM/MS. They said they could not give me the contact phone, address or email because it is "confidential" When I called Wells Fargo, they could not find my loan either. If you find a phone number that works, please post it. I'll do likewise. I took this path after I exhausted every possibility of working out some kind of loan modification with Litton. They said I do not qualify for a government loan modification and now the house is in foreclosure. So, if I can get to my investor, my hope is to work something out directly with them since Litton is a useless road block.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 09-12-2009 at 07:22 AM.. Reason: Cleaned up the coding

Old 03-11-2011, 04:07 PM

1 posts, read 3,829 times
Default Wells Fargo and Litton Loan

I'm in the same boat ...my case is that my original title company went out of business (Alliance Title Company) and funds were still in my escrow account. It's been over 4 years of trying to have these fund release before the State Of California take them. Litton have denied that I have them funds. I was told by the new title company that If I can get a release from the investor then they would release the funds.

Also Litton has open up a escrow 3 years ago stating that I owe them $12,000+ plus for advances??? Can they do this if the orginal escrow is still open with funds? And can they forclose on a debt where I never received the full amount of the loan which I've made payment ...we're speaking around $16,000 was lefted in escrow...

Old 03-12-2011, 10:44 PM

4,246 posts, read 12,023,066 times
Call a lawyer for god sakes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages