Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 03:53 PM

19 posts, read 32,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow wind View Post
The lender has the appraisal. The VA does not permit its appraisers to take 2 weeks to submit a report after viewing the home. However, the lender does have five working days to get around to reviewing the report after it is submitted. Then they may have questions of the the appraiser or want additional info, etc. or otherwise not be ready to sign off on it. You'll hear from the lender when they are ready. Underwriters won't rush on this. There are too many regulations that have to met, too much responsibility to just toss a loan package together for the sake of speed. Hang in there- try to be patient as difficult as that can be for a borrower.
Yes that's the exact process that were taken throughout our process we even got copies of the appraiser and the lender reviewer page. Being patiently as humanely possible lol but thanks for the great advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2015, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farewellohio View Post
Contractor what lender and closing date are you using?
May 28th is the closing date...I rather not say the lending company until I closed and get funded don't want to get jinx lol

Old 04-28-2015, 11:17 AM

77 posts, read 108,040 times
Is there a timeline they have to complete the appraisal review? It's 10 business days today since it was done, 7 business days since it was returned to lender. Think 12 since it was ordered. Thought they only had 10 total.

Old 04-28-2015, 02:23 PM

Default update

Hi everyone!

This is from Loan Processor:

The **** file is out of underwriting. Because of the credit score we do require a second level review. It will be another 48 hours until we have that second level review back. As soon as I have it back I will advise all parties. ....Any Imput?

Old 04-29-2015, 05:45 AM

Got appraisal last night after spending half an hour on phone with processor's supervisor for not responding to us.

Old 04-29-2015, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Got appraisal last night after spending half an hour on phone with processor's supervisor for not responding to us.
awwww I'm happy for you sometimes you have to get stern with LO and processor's especially when their not responding I feel like they should let you know whether its good or bad communication is everything

Old 04-29-2015, 08:16 AM

465 posts, read 613,721 times
We have a VA loan on a property that is now rental property. The whole process was smooth for us. No delays, problems or issues. It was also in Killeen where I'm assuming many loans are VA.

Old 04-29-2015, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContractorandVetWife View Post
awwww I'm happy for you sometimes you have to get stern with LO and processor's especially when their not responding I feel like they should let you know whether its good or bad communication is everything

Yeah all we wanted was a status. That should take 5 seconds to send an email. Sheesh. Still afraid we won't be ready to close in 16 days.

Old 04-29-2015, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Yeah all we wanted was a status. That should take 5 seconds to send an email. Sheesh. Still afraid we won't be ready to close in 16 days.
You should be fine as long as you keep in touch with processor, loan Officer and or supervisor. Have your file been sent to underwriter yet?

Old 04-29-2015, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiesu View Post
We have a VA loan on a property that is now rental property. The whole process was smooth for us. No delays, problems or issues. It was also in Killeen where I'm assuming many loans are VA.
Ok great that's nice to know the VA loan can have smooth success.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages