Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 10:04 AM

6 posts, read 7,985 times

Advertisements

Help I have question, I have paid off my house mortgage, and I recieve the letter from bank about it.

but since then I didnt go to county department and claim that, and now I lost my letter from the bank...

so what I can do right now to prove that i paid off?
the bank said they dont have any record of me since it paid of 10 years ago....

please let me know anyway to prove it.. thank you in advance for advice/help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2016, 10:29 AM

18,549 posts, read 15,593,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mato00 View Post
Help I have question, I have paid off my house mortgage, and I recieve the letter from bank about it.

but since then I didnt go to county department and claim that, and now I lost my letter from the bank...

so what I can do right now to prove that i paid off?
the bank said they dont have any record of me since it paid of 10 years ago....

please let me know anyway to prove it.. thank you in advance for advice/help
Quiet title?

Old 03-01-2016, 10:31 AM

45,422 posts, read 60,608,674 times
Contact the company which held your mortgage and ask that they issue a new Letter of Satisfaction. You may have to pay a fee for it.

I know the bank "says" they have no record. Bull****. Work your way up the food chain.

Old 03-01-2016, 10:36 AM

8,046 posts, read 28,484,462 times
Have you checked public records to see if the bank filed a Reconveyance?

When I refi'd my house, my original loan was paid off, and the bank filed a notice of reconvey as a public record, showing that the loan was paid off. This is a fairly normal part of the process when a loan is paid off, at least in my area.

Worth checking, anyway.

Old 03-01-2016, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Contact the company which held your mortgage and ask that they issue a new Letter of Satisfaction. You may have to pay a fee for it.

I know the bank "says" they have no record. Bull****. Work your way up the food chain.
Are you saying the escrow company? or the bank itself?

Old 03-01-2016, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacerta View Post

When I refi'd my house, my original loan was paid off, and the bank filed a notice of reconvey as a public record, showing that the loan was paid off. This is a fairly normal part of the process when a loan is paid off, at least in my area.

Worth checking, anyway.
public record which mean county clerck record? or? sorry I am kind of no idea bout this at all...

Old 03-01-2016, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
Quiet title?

What do you mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacerta View Post

Worth checking, anyway.

are you saying the county clerck or where? where can i check the public records i am sorry, I dont have any idea about this kind of stuff...

Old 03-01-2016, 11:35 AM

18,549 posts, read 15,593,615 times
Quote:
What do you mean?

IF ALL ELSE FAILS, you file for a quiet title. If no one can contest your ownership of the property or claim security interest in a certain period, then you get clear title.

Old 03-01-2016, 12:50 PM

8,046 posts, read 28,484,462 times
Quote:
What do you mean?

are you saying the county clerck or where? where can i check the public records i am sorry, I dont have any idea about this kind of stuff...

In my county, it is at the recorder's office, but the clerk should be able to tell you where you can check this. There could be a small fee for pulling the records. Alternately, if you have a real estate agent buddy or a friend who works at a title company, they may be able to look this up for you for no charge.

Edited to add*: Different parts of the country call things by different names. My area calls this a reconveyance, but your area may use a different name. The recorders office should be able to figure out which form you mean if you tell them what you are looking for, and whether there is one recorded against your address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
IF ALL ELSE FAILS, you file for a quiet title. If no one can contest your ownership of the property or claim security interest in a certain period, then you get clear title.

Quiet title requires an attorney, takes 6 months, and can cost thousands of dollars in legal fees. So yes, only as a last resort.

Old 03-01-2016, 01:08 PM

45,422 posts, read 60,608,674 times
Quote:
Are you saying the escrow company? or the bank itself?
Who you wrote your mortgage payment to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages