Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 12:03 PM

7 posts, read 44,549 times

Advertisements

I would like to find a new mortgage the big problem is not being home. I should have been back in the states three weeks ago, but what can you do? it limits my ability to accomplish anything
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2008, 12:43 PM

1,122 posts, read 4,109,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robof568 View Post
I would like to find a new mortgage the big problem is not being home. I should have been back in the states three weeks ago, but what can you do? it limits my ability to accomplish anything
BTDT.....not fun at all.
Dunno where you are (time difference), but making very stern phone calls usually works with existing contacts. Of course the signatures are the problem and FedEx/DHL isn't cheap either.

I'd definitely try calling a few places that has ties to international banks - maybe you could sign the papers over there?

From 6.5 to 6.75 sounds like a dodge to me too! Mention that you have the name of your state attorney general's office

Old 03-31-2008, 04:24 PM

275 posts, read 1,545,280 times
[quote=robof568;3306540]I have been working with BoA and got approval did the estimate locked my rate 6.5% submitted all my paperwork atleast three times. Well I am to close today and still do not have final approval. My purcahse aggreement says final approval must be obtained by 21 Mar 08, which has come and gone. I am nervous. If they do not give me approval will it cost me 10%? I am in Louisiana. I talked to the base legal (non lawyer) and they tell me that since I didn't get the final approval in time and I made a good faith attempt that the contract will be null and void without consequence. I am nervous anyone ever had a situation like this?[/QUOTE]

Boy do I ever! Right now, I should be signing my final documents to close but as you can see, I'm on this forum posting my disgust on why I didn't close today!!!! My LO was an idiot and all this time he kept assuring me that everything was fine, I was good as gold, blah, blah, blah. Well if I was so good, why didn't I close today?

I'm still reeling. We've had utilities transferred in our name, took time off of work, made arrangements for friends to come help us move, informed our apartment complex of intent to break the lease and we didn't even close today.

All this time I was told the loan was fully approved but today at 2:30 (closing was for 4:30) I find out that the U/W had a minor issue with approving the loan. Now although it's a minor document and we will probably still close this week, why did we just find out today two hours before closing? Talk about beig incompetent. Clearly a LO should know the difference between a conditional approval and a full approval.

I'm so pissed b/c we didn't ask to close today, we didn't care when it was. Our LO was so persistant about closing today. Now we have to reschedule everything and this could have all been avoided if my LO was upfront and more importantly, knew what he was talking about.

So yeah...I've been in this position and if you don't start getting some straight answers that you feel comfortable with, I suggest you prepare yourself for a problem.

Old 03-31-2008, 07:04 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,162,101 times
Robof.... are you in Louisiana or overseas?

One post says one thing and the other another. And the posts are only 2 hrs apart.

Old 03-31-2008, 10:33 PM

I live in louisiana, the house that I am buying is in Louisiana. I am currently in Kalsu Iraq. I said "im in Louisiana" to explain the location if there was any specific rule that was for that state versus others. Sorry to be unclear.

Old 04-01-2008, 07:17 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,162,101 times
Quote:
I live in louisiana, the house that I am buying is in Louisiana. I am currently in Kalsu Iraq. I said "im in Louisiana" to explain the location if there was any specific rule that was for that state versus others. Sorry to be unclear.
OK thanks.

Old 04-01-2008, 07:20 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
First, I would assume your in Iraq serving our country, if so, thanks.

Second, ask the banker is you being in Iraq has anything to do with the nonapproval. While I believe, (and not positive) that its illegal to not provide you a loan while being on active duty, I could see how that might be an issue to someone loaning money. If it does have to do with you being in Iraq, dont expect a straight answer, but their response could hint to the real reason.

Old 04-01-2008, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
First, I would assume your in Iraq serving our country, if so, thanks.

Second, ask the banker is you being in Iraq has anything to do with the nonapproval. While I believe, (and not positive) that its illegal to not provide you a loan while being on active duty, I could see how that might be an issue to someone loaning money. If it does have to do with you being in Iraq, dont expect a straight answer, but their response could hint to the real reason.
I am a civilian contractor. I work for the army and live with them just not in the service anymore. They knew I was overseas when I started the process. I have my salary direct deposited into BoA and the no closing fees seemed like a great deal. Needless to say that I chose poorly. I have tons of life insurance so if anything happened it would get paid off. I believe that I am just another victim of the other people defaulted so your a risk syndrome. I have a decent credit score 735 and no liens/judgements. I really am more angry at my realtor for halfway intimidating me about it all.

Old 04-01-2008, 03:26 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
I am a civilian contractor. I work for the army and live with them just not in the service anymore. They knew I was overseas when I started the process. I have my salary direct deposited into BoA and the no closing fees seemed like a great deal. Needless to say that I chose poorly. I have tons of life insurance so if anything happened it would get paid off. I believe that I am just another victim of the other people defaulted so your a risk syndrome. I have a decent credit score 735 and no liens/judgements. I really am more angry at my realtor for halfway intimidating me about it all.
Let me know if your looking for a new banker. I found a guy thats taken me from preapproval yesterday, to full approval today with a bank, thats not even requiring a full appraisal on a home. They are scheduling closing for beginning of the week. I wont fully vouch for him yet, or provide his contact until I actually get the final approval letter, (waiting on it any moment now) but if he can do that... then I'm sure he can help. PM me if your looking.

Old 04-01-2008, 03:28 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,589,971 times
How can a lender 'final approve' w/out looking at the appraisal, title, Insurance Binder, etc?

By the powers invested in me....I give final approval to all files out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Let me know if your looking for a new banker. I found a guy thats taken me from preapproval yesterday, to full approval today with a bank, thats not even requiring a full appraisal on a home. They are scheduling closing for beginning of the week. I wont fully vouch for him yet, or provide his contact until I actually get the final approval letter, (waiting on it any moment now) but if he can do that... then I'm sure he can help. PM me if your looking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages