Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2011, 09:54 PM

39 posts, read 85,547 times

Advertisements

I believe freddie mac had a conforming loan product like this for sometime

situation------
wanting to buy a Owner occ condo. I have up to 40% to put down if needed, A+ credit. no debt except 8k left on an auto loan. loan would be far below the $417k mark.

on conforming loans for someone who is commissioned underwriting will need to 2 full years of employment which I do not have yet as I switched careers. I am in finance and would be fine with a balloon/ARM if possible. I know exactly what Id be getting into.

Not really interested in a hard money loan....

suggestions. thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2011, 05:59 AM

8,676 posts, read 22,960,147 times
I seriously think you may be SOL. I say this because HR 4173, aka Frank-Dodd Bill, now requires lenders to evaluate a borrower's credit worthiness to repay the loan. I fully don't expect to see No Doc again in my lifetime. We as a real estate community have many problems with this legislation as it was written, but I haven' theard anyone championing the case for a No Doc loan.

Old 04-18-2011, 06:18 AM

28,453 posts, read 85,535,351 times
The OP may be mistaken if they believe two years of continous employment with the same firm are mandatory. So long as they have tax returns that document a history or earnings that would qualify them for a loan being either a "job hopper" or enduring a bout of unemployment will NOT put you in the "unlendable" category.

I do agree with SmartMoney that the ridiculous lack of standards for "stated income" are gone and unlikely to ever come back -- the small number of folks who legitimately had abnormally spiky income were far out numbered by scammers of all stripes.

Old 04-18-2011, 09:01 AM

39 posts, read 85,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet everett View Post
The OP may be mistaken if they believe two years of continous employment with the same firm are mandatory. So long as they have tax returns that document a history or earnings that would qualify them for a loan being either a "job hopper" or enduring a bout of unemployment will NOT put you in the "unlendable" category.

I do agree with SmartMoney that the ridiculous lack of standards for "stated income" are gone and unlikely to ever come back -- the small number of folks who legitimately had abnormally spiky income were far out numbered by scammers of all stripes.

that is my issue----2 years of continued income.----in 2010 my self employement (more of a partnership than being self employed) but my K1 show a loss.

2004 -june 2008 solid income same line of work

June 2008-june 2010 K1 income/showing losses****

Back to a commission sales which I am doing great. but only been doing this since Nov.

Old 07-17-2011, 04:19 PM

2,288 posts, read 1,593,629 times
income showing losses is not good to underwriters unless they worked with Madoff or use 2005 u/w standards. If you can wait out another year and then show 2 years there may be a loan for you. BTW, stated income home loans do still exist. they are far and few between but a few niche loan officers do have it.

I've seen updates on blogs but not sure if they are closing but they are advertised with 40% down or more standards. I, am actually looking for a loan after having a short sale a couple years back. We'll see how that works. What troubles me still are some companies are still doing 10% down loans with full documentation and only 3 months of the house payment in the bank. I think it should be 6 months but I am not a rule maker. But, I mean c'mon we all know what happened why in hell is the state attorney general letting this go on. I don't care if it is private lending unless it makes a big difference.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 07-17-2011 at 05:10 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages