Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2011, 10:31 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,192,079 times

Advertisements

At least in the case of a "foreign" machine being built in the USA, the assembly-line workers here are getting paychecks. The outsourcing of jobs only helps the management of the American compnaies, not their workforces.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2011, 08:35 AM

3,483 posts, read 9,020,795 times
Pretty much sums up my thoughts as well.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:45 AM

1 posts, read 1,506 times
Default harley is just an image.

my age is 50.riding bikes since 16.so far i have always rode japanese bikes.sorry for once i rode vespa while i was a kid.i bought harley and f...ced my fate.because i didnt listen other professional mechanics even Americans.i sold the honda and bought a fatboy.i digged my own financial grave.fatboy is 2005 model and only 7000 miles.let me tell what japanese metric is:crash on her do what ever you wish.you would be able 400 km to turn back home.japanese still works.keep away from image or what ever its which is American.if you are rich keep a harley in your garage.and ride with those andropose effected old guys in sunday afternoon.if you have a little bit shame feeling you would not be able to ride your colorfull bike which looks like a mistress dog)))) you feel yourself useless mental retarted rich fathers boy.because people not giving a **** how you look like.even women.but individually you feel yourself nice if you are far from society.because you pay more than 30 000 usd for your sick soul.i did so.i paid more than 30 000 usd for my complexed sick soul.now i discovered the reality that i am useless simple colorfull little dog which is barking.i never feel myself like a experienced respectfull old brother.
the next reason is not to buy a harley:
i used bikes more than 300 000 miles up til my present age.i bought them brand new and had a good sex with my bikes i mean i used them as much as i want.i felt down i crashed done many f..cken things.even love on a bike.but none of them gave me that much ass pain as i am still having with harley.i crashed my bike slowly.theres is oil leak under primary cover.you know how much it cost to repair??? 250 usd.
every 700 mile losing 150 gramme oil.though i have never checked oil level in honda for 6 years.so no need to be nationalist and blind to notice the incredble difference between japanese bikes or american bikes.you can not event compare harley indian victory what ever with bmw even.
nowadays i faced another trouble besides oil leak.thats my electricity problem.my bike was out and rain on for 2 days.all electricity system is under search in harley garage....you still ignore other bikes???? brothers your bikes are not reliable.thats a reality.no need to protect harley with sick minds and thoughts.harley is a mark.nostalgia whatever.even harley has a spirit.but harley is not for ride.ride your bikes sundays ...wear clean leathers and check people how they love you.all those are kinda masturbation.monologe.nobody is that sick for you.you look nice etc.but we are riders.we are hard guys.we need bikes.we go 10- 20 000 mile per year.we all got money.we all are universty degreed cultural people.we all are over average by intelligency point of view.we dont speak unreal.harley is image.honda bmw is machine.sincere

Old 10-06-2011, 11:59 AM

104 posts, read 417,538 times
The last poster certainly has an interesting perspective on the issue.

Old 10-06-2011, 12:05 PM

525 posts, read 899,998 times
i PARTICULARY DON'T LIKE THE LOUD BIKES, and the guys who ride them obviously are compensating for a lack of something in their lives. The motorcycle Gangs need them for their reputation, yuppy's need them so they can dream of being a gangsta and the rest of just have a need to be cool. I could care less about anyone driving around making a bunch of noise and looking for attention like a three year old cause his mother didn't suckle him.

Old 10-06-2011, 12:44 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,192,079 times
I agree with the previous post, although I feel it only fair to point out that Harleys aren't the only loud bikes out there (but they are a lot of them!).

Old 10-07-2011, 12:35 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,084,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchmanonthewall View Post
The last poster certainly has an interesting perspective on the issue.
LMAO....yes he does.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:10 PM

1 posts, read 1,138 times
Hmmmm

Old 02-21-2013, 04:57 PM

14 posts, read 38,554 times
After rereading Macho's post a few times,one time starting at the end, I conclude that He is drunk,missing the space key, does not like Harley Davidison bikes just because, and has mixed riding with sex, good thing he did not mention his orifice of choice.

Really Guys, Harley makes a good motorcycle. It is too bad a lot of HD riders try to act like 1% folks but thats the way it is. Mertic riders act like morons a lot of the time but that is just the way it is. A lot of transportaton on the road makes a lot of noise thats just the way it is.

I got my ride,2000 1200 C Harley, used for $5200 flat. 6 thousand miles stage one with drag pipes/bars. I now have 36,000 miles on it. Sure a bike that old is going to need some work but all of that has costs around $450 after 5 years. It's a nice ride.

I started out with Mustangs if you can bleive it going on to honda,bsa,triumph,750 norton , just about any bike I liked. When I decided to get back on I tried out several but the Harley Sportster won out because it is what I always had before, it's a carb bike so it's easy to work on, the cost of riding is really low, I like the tractor motor low end torque, and it makes me happy.

JonMon

Old 02-22-2013, 05:03 PM

1,479 posts, read 2,720,482 times
I dont dislike Harley's at all but I am, as an American embarrassed by the fact that Japan can make a sport bike that tops out at over 200mph, will rev to 12k rpm and can be raced and crashed at the club level season after season without ever a hint of the motor blowing up while we cant even build a bike that's reliable enough to get someone to work and back each day. Why cant we build reliable bikes that we can be proud of?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles