Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 05:39 PM

4,790 posts, read 10,611,895 times

Advertisements

^ +1...
And, in my 15 yrs of riding western NC, there are dozens of roads that are remarkable rides with most 'better' than Deal's Gap/TheDragon.

The Gap is fun a couple times a year, though the weekends are crowded craziness but it does increase the rider viewing and different species of m'cycles and cars. I prefer a weekday, if I really want to run it/push it a bit, and less cops on weekdays.

The couple roads leading to Deal's Gap, on the NC side, Rt 129 from Robbinsville and Rt 28 from Franklin are very good two lane, curvy black top and less 'patrolled' than Deal's Gap and surrounds.

There are dozens more in western NC and the BRPkway, esp on a weekday morning is difficult to beat for a smooth, easy windy 45 mph+ cruise and some opportunities to twist the grip in spots, esp west of/higher MM beyond Asheville.

I live in Haywood County, home to more 5,000 -6,000 ft + mtns than one can count and lots of great roads, so a link to peruse:

Motorcycle Rides in The Smoky Mountains | Blue Ridge Parkway

And, a Scoot rental link:
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...rth+carolina&*

I have ridden/driven in WA state several times, and that is 'bigger' country than we have here. Both nice, both have FABs.
If you get the chance come east and do some riding.
GL, mD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2017, 06:45 PM

3,040 posts, read 5,002,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockeye66 View Post
That's a good question. Datona would be a long ride from Seattle but that would be awesome.
I hear you about the long ride, I've though about going to Daytona bike week, just to many people. I do go to the Hells Canyon Motorcycle rally in Baker City, Oregon, this year will be our 5th year of attending. It's a nice rally with a 3000 motorcyclist, it's held the second week in July. The the last week of July is the Pendleton Bike week. There is a lot of great road to ride in Washington and Oregon, seems a number of these road were just made for motorcycles.

Nice bike you have, I ride a Goldwing, the other day I finally got to take it out of the garage and go for a ride.

Old 03-23-2017, 07:24 PM

3,573 posts, read 2,882,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motordavid View Post
^ +1...
And, in my 15 yrs of riding western NC, there are dozens of roads that are remarkable rides with most 'better' than Deal's Gap/TheDragon.

The Gap is fun a couple times a year, though the weekends are crowded craziness but it does increase the rider viewing and different species of m'cycles and cars. I prefer a weekday, if I really want to run it/push it a bit, and less cops on weekdays.

The couple roads leading to Deal's Gap, on the NC side, Rt 129 from Robbinsville and Rt 28 from Franklin are very good two lane, curvy black top and less 'patrolled' than Deal's Gap and surrounds.

There are dozens more in western NC and the BRPkway, esp on a weekday morning is difficult to beat for a smooth, easy windy 45 mph+ cruise and some opportunities to twist the grip in spots, esp west of/higher MM beyond Asheville.

I live in Haywood County, home to more 5,000 -6,000 ft + mtns than one can count and lots of great roads, so a link to peruse:

Motorcycle Rides in The Smoky Mountains | Blue Ridge Parkway

And, a Scoot rental link:
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...rth+carolina&*

I have ridden/driven in WA state several times, and that is 'bigger' country than we have here. Both nice, both have FABs.
If you get the chance come east and do some riding.
GL, mD
Thanks for those links, good to know there is more than just the dragon.

Old 03-24-2017, 06:09 AM

1,294 posts, read 1,121,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockeye66 View Post
Thanks for those links, good to know there is more than just the dragon.

You should also know that we keep the really good stuff to ourselves. Selfish of us ..............

Old 03-26-2017, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last1Out View Post
You should also know that we keep the really good stuff to ourselves. Selfish of us ..............
Sharing is over rated.
Bless you man, I hope to visit in the fall.

Old 04-16-2017, 09:05 PM

Had some decent weather this past two weekends. Got to take the bike out this Sat and Sun, nice.
Looks like the future holds more rain but I'm traveling on business the next couple of weeks so nothing to regret.

Took the windscreen and saddle bags off this last ride, totally different look and feel to the ride, hope to get the another chance soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles