Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 07:07 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
Yes, the love story was very unrealistic. Upper class young women of the time were not given the freedom that young women of today have. Rose would not have been able to spend much time with Jack. The women were very chaperoned. Even though it was unrealistic, it is very touching...and I like the movie.
I thought about that too when I saw it on tv as an adult many years later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2012, 08:48 PM

351 posts, read 632,901 times
For those who care. During the preview trailers of Star Wars in 3D today, they showed the movie Titanic in 3D is coming in April.

Old 02-15-2012, 04:52 AM

27,347 posts, read 27,400,159 times
I loved that movie, and heard that theyre reformatting it and releasing it in 3d. If its the same characters and same movie but modified, Id love to see it in 3d!
Its amazing what they can do with movies these days, I remember when the movie 'Earthquake' came out, though I never saw it in the theaters, supposedly during the quake parts they had it set up where you can actually feel a real quake in your seat.

Old 02-15-2012, 07:25 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,162,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandaPanda♥ View Post
What are you talking about? That was such a beautiful movie, it's right next to Gone With The Wind to me!

I agree! It's up there in my personal top 10 list of favorite movies.
I watch it every time it's on and I cannot wait to see it on the big screen again and in 3-D.

Old 02-15-2012, 07:55 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,630,992 times
I thought it was grossly over rated and the film felt voyeuristic and mawkishly sentimental. I went to see it primarily for the reconstruction of the ship and costumes which were superb. Kate Winslet was beautiful and great as usual but this was Leonardo's worst role to date IMO. I found the script tedious and the whole movie was so predictable and the characters quite carboardish. The special effects were pretty appalling but then again IMO nothing has changed much in that department since.

I love the Instrumental theme but Celine Dion's version which went on and on and on and was repeated ad nauseam very time you switched on the radio or turned on the TV was vomit inducing IMO.

Basically I found it a rather boring, simplistic film , style over substance and much prefer the 1958 movie with Kenneth More.

A very Hollywoodesque Behemoth of an overblown self indulgent film. Sometimes less is more. Cameron seemed hell bent on making the most expensive, most publicised movie, succeeded but forgot about the Art of movie making being mostly about story telling, credible characters and a strong and interesting plot.

Also did anyone else think that Kate Winslet seem to let go of Leonardo's character a little too easily considering he had within a day become the love of her life ??? Such a healthy young woman not trying very hard to save her lover... That piece of wood was big enough for 2 to hang on to for at least a wee while ....

Volkswagen: See Film Differently - Titanic - Video Dailymotion

Visually ravishing but as the Brits would say all "Fur coat and no knickers" !

Old 02-15-2012, 11:26 AM

67 posts, read 108,921 times
Titanic is one of the worst Leonardo's movies , yet the most popular one .

Old 02-15-2012, 12:14 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,681,265 times
its awesome

Old 02-15-2012, 12:16 PM

19,723 posts, read 20,250,128 times
Pass.

Old 02-15-2012, 12:24 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,818,947 times
I've had a fascination with the Titanic since Robert Ballard discovered it when I was just a kid.

I could care less for the corny love story but I loved the movie for it's perfect recreation of the ship itself (although the lighting was wrong; the real ship would have been much darker since electric bulbs at the time were very weak compared to today).

Old 02-15-2012, 05:31 PM

278 posts, read 550,565 times
great movie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies