Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 01:37 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,027,833 times

Advertisements

$260 for "assault"
Her:
“He had his phone out. The light was shining at me. I’m thinking, ‘He’s going to turn it off.’” But he didn’t. "

Him:
“I got a text, and I responded to it because it was something important...."

The police:
"We’re the middle person on this,” Lt. Todd Dearing says. “Assault by contact is usually not something like this."

I know whose side I'm on. I am actually surprised this kind of thing does not happen more often. There are people who are in a theater to see a movie, and other people who are merely passing the time while glued to their electronic devices. Conflict is inevitable.

Perhaps people like me stay home more than they used to, which reduces the amount of theater skirmishes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2011, 04:47 PM

1,266 posts, read 3,223,823 times
It is exactly this type of widespread behavior that is now considered the norm that I have not been in a movie theater in over 15 years.

It blows my mind that the guy considered HIS needs to disrupt the expensive movie-going experience for the people sitting around him so important that he felt ENTITLED to do what he did when he did.

I don't tolerate this kind of behavior very well and no doubt would have received more than a fine from the cops if I had challenged the guy. ("But, officers -- that old lady called me a f***ing a**hole! I've been slandered and I want her arrested!")

Old 08-02-2011, 05:14 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,677,065 times
Can't believe this! Thanks so much for posting it.

Old 08-02-2011, 05:38 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,220,959 times
I read this but am a little fuzzy oh his side of it, something like; she said something, he whipped around, she poked him, he says she pushed him....whatever...he apparently RAN from the theater and is now sueing her because he hurt is neck or back when he whipped around. GACK! What a dork.

Old 08-03-2011, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
I read this but am a little fuzzy oh his side of it, something like; she said something, he whipped around, she poked him, he says she pushed him....whatever...he apparently RAN from the theater and is now sueing her because he hurt is neck or back when he whipped around. GACK! What a dork.
Apparently, according to the link below, he left the theater to complain about her, and a physical therapist who just happened to be in the lobby noticed a knot in his neck.

The "tap on the shoulder" apparently translated into assault (and revenue for the police department).
If she could have spent the money to fly back to Texas for the court date, she would not have paid the $260 ticket (she lives in Virginia).

Police report
“Fout advised he had been assaulted and his neck was in pain,” officer Emily Hays wrote. Fout was treated for neck pain by Grapevine paramedics. “Fout said a female who was sitting behind him in Theater 8 grabbed him by the shoulder because he was texting during the movie,” Hays wrote. “Fout said he got up, walked out of the theater and asked management to call police.”
“Fout stated he was offended by the contact and desires prosecution. Godwin was issued citation #P0039176 for assault by contact.”

Follow-up interview with texting guy.
“Obviously the guy slanted the story because in all likelihood he’s a liberal,” Fout said.

Old 08-03-2011, 01:42 PM

253 posts, read 201,977 times
Is there anything else on this story? And why is there a picture of the two of them together smiling w/a third person?

Old 08-03-2011, 01:51 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tippinturtle View Post
Is there anything else on this story? And why is there a picture of the two of them together smiling w/a third person?
There's a picture of Fout with his family. The woman paying the fine is not pictured.

Old 08-03-2011, 02:29 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,681,265 times
Petty Crap.

Old 08-03-2011, 02:38 PM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
On a similar note:

‪Don't Talk - Angry Voicemail (Uncensored)‬‏ - YouTube

Old 08-04-2011, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
On a similar note:

From The Alamo Drafthouse
I saw this awhile back. Hilarious, definitely worth watching.

Tippinturtle, as DC says, the picture is Fout and his companion, not the lady who complained about his texting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies