Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2011, 08:53 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,150,566 times

Advertisements

I just answered this with a response to Ryan Gosling being a great actor. I said that I thought he was a good actor, but that I'm tired of hollywood giving all the good roles to the same ole' actors. Ex, Matt Damon, Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp, Ryan Gosling, Ryan Reynolds, Leonardo Dicaprio The twilight geeks, etc, etc...I think that once an actor sells some movies then (the studio execs, etc) ride their coattails a bit too much. Putting them in every freaking movie imaginable. I'm not saying that these are not good actors. Some are great. My point though, is that there are many other good actors out there that we'll never see because too many studio execs are afraid to put "unknowns" in major league movies. Yet, it has been proven it can be effective..Look at Rocky..Plus, after seeing Leonardo Dicaprio in every freaking movie imaginable. Is it really believable to see him as J. Edgar Hoover? I mean really....

I just wish they would spread the roles out a little more and we wouldn't have to see the same old few in every good role..The industry is getting to be like a popularity contest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2011, 09:01 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,387,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
I just answered this with a response to Ryan Gosling being a great actor. I said that I thought he was a good actor, but that I'm tired of hollywood giving all the good roles to the same ole' actors. Ex, Matt Damon, Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp, Ryan Gosling, Ryan Reynolds, Leonardo Dicaprio The twilight geeks, etc, etc...I think that once an actor sells some movies then (the studio execs, etc) ride their coattails a bit too much. Putting them in every freaking movie imaginable. I'm not saying that these are not good actors. Some are great. My point though, is that there are many other good actors out there that we'll never see because too many studio execs are afraid to put "unknowns" in major league movies. Yet, it has been proven it can be effective..Look at Rocky..Plus, after seeing Leonardo Dicaprio in every freaking movie imaginable. Is it really believable to see him as J. Edgar Hoover? I mean really....

I just wish they would spread the roles out a little more and we wouldn't have to see the same old few in every good role..The industry is getting to be like a popularity contest.

Did you have the same opinon of John Wayne?

Old 10-25-2011, 09:31 AM

525 posts, read 899,531 times
it's lonely at the top. They are great actors and most could not pull it off like they do. Plus they are under contract to produce x amount of movies in x amount of time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies