Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 07:33 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,163,832 times

Advertisements

Did anyone catch Jean Dujardin on SNL recently?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2-4opN60R8
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2012, 07:15 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,438,303 times
I am a fan of silent films from the 1920s. I have a number of them on DVD like 'The Crowd'
'Greed' and the wonderful Louise Brooks in 'Pandora's Box'. This is an attempt at the style
and beauty of silent films. I really enjoyed it, it was a nice story that held your attention.
The leading lady, Berenice Bejo, was just beautiful. Her smiles, and facial expressions were
so typical of the silent era. Without words, you concentrate on the faces, you really can
see why those old stars fascinated the public.

Old 02-17-2012, 07:29 AM

2,932 posts, read 5,425,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlonaG View Post
Did anyone catch Jean Dujardin on SNL recently?
Dang, can't believe I missed SNL last weekend (fell asleep before 11:30 PM). Your video was blocked, but I found it elsewhere...VERY clever! Thanks for posting!

Scroll down to "Les Jeunes de Paris":

'Saturday Night Live': Zooey Deschanel, Jean Dujardin and Nic Cage get adorkable - From Inside the Box - Zap2it

So, guess where I'm going tonight? To see "The Artist" (again) with a group of friends who haven't seen it yet. Uggie, here I come!

Old 02-27-2012, 08:03 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,163,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraGirl123 View Post
Dang, can't believe I missed SNL last weekend (fell asleep before 11:30 PM). Your video was blocked, but I found it elsewhere...VERY clever! Thanks for posting!

Scroll down to "Les Jeunes de Paris":

'Saturday Night Live': Zooey Deschanel, Jean Dujardin and Nic Cage get adorkable - From Inside the Box - Zap2it

So, guess where I'm going tonight? To see "The Artist" (again) with a group of friends who haven't seen it yet. Uggie, here I come!
Sorry about the bad link. Sometimes when I post from work, links get blocked. Glad you found it. Isn't he just so charming??

And are you happy he won the Oscar? What a heartfelt, gracious and enthusiastic acceptance speech he gave! I love him and looking forward to seeing him in more things.
There's also a brilliant You Tube video where he auditions for bad guy roles. I think you'll find it if you do a search for Jean Dujardin Audition.

Old 07-24-2012, 12:16 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,890,627 times
Watched it last night. Brilliant movie, flawless. I really enjoyed it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies