Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 08:51 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,236,418 times

Advertisements

I can't wait to see how the North Korean troops get to America.

United Airlines perhaps?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2011, 09:18 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,306,311 times
I think I'll just stick in the collectors edition, turn on the death count, crank up the speakers and watch the origional.

So No. Korea who has half a penincula, a small navy and starvation (not to mention that South Korea wouldn't take to kindly to it) is going to invade us? HUH??????

I love this movie, as it cronicles the transformation of everyday teens into guerillas in such a believable way. When he has to shoot the one who betrayed them. wow.

I read where Cuba wasn't realistic, but given the explanation you could follow... But N. Korea?

Anyone remember the steller remake of Lost Horizon??????

When will they just give up and try something new.

Old 12-30-2011, 04:06 PM

4,176 posts, read 10,705,235 times
If North Korea is the protagonist, then instead of "Red Dawn", they should title it "The Mouse That Roared" - if any of you remember that old movie...

Oh, no; another remake idea! Sor-ry!

Old 12-30-2011, 08:59 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,283,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGranny View Post
If North Korea is the protagonist, then instead of "Red Dawn", they should title it "The Mouse That Roared" - if any of you remember that old movie...

Oh, no; another remake idea! Sor-ry!
Now that's funny lol

Old 12-31-2011, 08:37 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,996,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
Agreed, it's going to be hard to keep a straight face watching this show...if I watch it at all. Ironically though, China and N.Korea are close friends. So it's hard to see going to war with N.Korea without seeing any involvement from China.
The premise can't be much more ludicrous than the original -- the Soviets launch an amphibious crossing of the Bering Strait, as if a massive build-up in the almost unpopulated Dezhnev Cape would go unnoticed by American spy satellites. Then, the successful crossing itself, followed by Soviet armor divisions crossing trackless western Alaska, with countless braided rivers and lakes. Finally, then then drive down the Canadian Rockies to the lower 48. This wasn't shown, but the invasion was explained by the air force major in the film.

Then there's the premise that Colorado is invaded by air, using troop transports disguised as commercial airliners. What, the fact that suddenly, Aeroflot schedules 100 flights from Vladivostok to Denver in one morning doesn't raise anyone's eyebrows? Then there's the fact that the Soviets are wasting their precious, limited air-drop capabilities on small, nowhere towns in the Rockies. Finally, they're wasting entire magazines shooting up the engine blocks of old cars, and using rockets to attack trucks full of high school students. Nice ammo-discipline there, Red Army!

Did I mention the elite Spetsnaz troops running away, fearfully screaming "Wolverines!" because, ya know, special forces are generally quite afraid of high school seniors ...

China and North Korea invading, is that even more ridiculous? Sure -- but only marginally.

Old 01-01-2012, 11:51 AM

14,571 posts, read 23,116,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyageur View Post
The premise can't be much more ludicrous than the original -- the Soviets launch an amphibious crossing of the Bering Strait, as if a massive build-up in the almost unpopulated Dezhnev Cape would go unnoticed by American spy satellites. Then, the successful crossing itself, followed by Soviet armor divisions crossing trackless western Alaska, with countless braided rivers and lakes. Finally, then then drive down the Canadian Rockies to the lower 48. This wasn't shown, but the invasion was explained by the air force major in the film.

Then there's the premise that Colorado is invaded by air, using troop transports disguised as commercial airliners. What, the fact that suddenly, Aeroflot schedules 100 flights from Vladivostok to Denver in one morning doesn't raise anyone's eyebrows? Then there's the fact that the Soviets are wasting their precious, limited air-drop capabilities on small, nowhere towns in the Rockies. Finally, they're wasting entire magazines shooting up the engine blocks of old cars, and using rockets to attack trucks full of high school students. Nice ammo-discipline there, Red Army!

Did I mention the elite Spetsnaz troops running away, fearfully screaming "Wolverines!" because, ya know, special forces are generally quite afraid of high school seniors ...

China and North Korea invading, is that even more ridiculous? Sure -- but only marginally.
Good point.

Old 01-01-2012, 09:34 PM

25,877 posts, read 16,591,624 times
Red Dawn was a really stupid movie. Remember the Soviets dropping troops on that little town with no strategic use at all? The Paratroops drop outside of a school and then open up on the kids in the school with automatic weapons.

Like that makes any sense at all.

Old 01-03-2012, 07:22 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,701,145 times
I cant wait to see this! North Korea cant even feed its own people, how are they going to invade the US?

Old 01-03-2012, 09:31 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,655,411 times
As the lyrics to MST3K suggest, "Just repeat to yourself "It's just a show, I should really just relax"

Old 01-03-2012, 11:45 AM

1,459 posts, read 3,302,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
I cant wait to see this! North Korea cant even feed its own people, how are they going to invade the US?

like the Mexicans do? jump over the fence
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies