Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 03:21 PM

771 posts, read 1,459,422 times

Advertisements

What's with the Snow White frenzy? Once Upon a Time, Mirror, Mirror, snow White and the Huntsman?

That said, I love Once Upon a Time, I have no intention of watching Mirror, Mirror and I guess this one sounds interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2012, 11:10 PM

5,765 posts, read 10,999,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesky View Post
What's with the Snow White frenzy? Once Upon a Time, Mirror, Mirror, snow White and the Huntsman?

That said, I love Once Upon a Time, I have no intention of watching Mirror, Mirror and I guess this one sounds interesting.
I dont think they really have anything to do with each other. It is just chance that they are coming out at the same time. I think there is another one coming out in the next few months as well.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:39 AM

771 posts, read 1,459,422 times
Well, I think we've seen a general trend of fairytale-based story lines as of recently. Sort of like the vampire trend of the last few years. Not quite as strong, but a noticeable increase though.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:44 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,217,702 times
Hollywood stars have really gotten into parenthood/children. I've noticed that a some stars, when they become parents, suddenly start doing disney like movies.

Old 04-11-2012, 08:25 PM

414 posts, read 1,009,849 times
Default I'd Like to See It

Well, I for one would really like to see this movie. It has intrigued me for some time now since the plot is different from your average Snow White story.

Sorry...I'm one who does not believe you have to be in the 3-10 age group to enjoy "fairy tale" type movies. Lighten up folks. It looks far better than some garbage that pollutes the big screen these days.

I do enjoy Once Upon a Time (TV show) as well. There has been an increase in the reinterpretation of fairy tales to "real life" films. I somewhat saw this coming, simply because Hollywood has gotten a bit unimaginative as of late, and this is a way to reinvent those classic stories (or even Disney movies as we saw with Alice and Wonderland) and reach a wider population, since some people believe themselves to be above the classic animation of Disney. (Not the new stuff but Walt's masterpieces, and those from the late 80s through mid 90s.) It's a way to take successful films, and make them work for an adult audience while still appealing to a relatively young crowd as well.

Old 06-01-2012, 04:30 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,725,532 times
Just saw the movie in RPX. Great movie all around. I will be buying it on CD and adding it to my library. The violence isn't too bad, IMO, for children over 8 years old and they should be able to follow the plot & theme. A lot of the critics said Theron's performance made ir, but I thought Kristen Stewart's acting was just as good or even better.
My personal rating = A-

Old 06-01-2012, 08:15 PM
pll

1,112 posts, read 2,486,371 times
Default Snow White and the Huntsman

The movie reviews are mixed. Many have thought that Kristin Stewart (Snow White) was miscast. The reviews said her face was expressionless thoroughout most of the movie and that she had a hard time acting next to the great Charlize Theron.

If you agree with this then who would you have preferred to have seen cast as Snow White?

Old 06-01-2012, 08:19 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,793,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pll View Post
The movie reviews are mixed. Many have thought that Kristin Stewart (Snow White) was miscast. The reviews said her face was expressionless thoroughout most of the movie and that she had a hard time acting next to the great Charlize Theron.

If you agree with this then who would you have preferred to have seen cast as Snow White?
Kristin Stewart is so not an actress.
I would like to have seen..........perhaps Christina Ricci in the role.

Old 06-01-2012, 08:37 PM

696 posts, read 1,301,604 times
Kristin Stewart expressionless...oh wow now there is a surprise??

I have chosen not to see this movie solely because KS is in it. KS should stick to playing the role of Albino, anorexic, emo, vampire-groupie, or heavily drugged and abused French street-hooker with no dialogue or much of screen time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pll View Post
......Many have thought that Kristin Stewart (Snow White) was miscast. The reviews said her face was expressionless thoroughout most of the movie and that she had a hard time acting next to the great Charlize Theron.

Old 06-02-2012, 05:07 AM

26,727 posts, read 26,806,307 times
The review in our newspaper was positive and the opinion was that Kristen Stewart was well cast. ("But none of it would work without Stewart's steely Snow White as the bough that will not break, and never have the actress' soulful eyes and exposed heart worked more in her favor.")
The movie sounds interesting. Why do people put KS down, because "Twilight" was so successful?
Movie review: Forget fair, 'Snow White and the Huntsman' is fierce - latimes.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies