Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 06:23 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,698,124 times

Advertisements

But isn't it supposed to be a darker tale? it seems from the previews that almost everyone is expressionless? I wonder if natalie portman or rooney mara would have been good choices. christina ricci would have been odd since she already starred with theron in "monster". i will be seeing this movie this wknd mainly for the cinematography and theron's evil queen!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2012, 08:12 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,473,559 times
I've never stomached the Snow White or Sleeping B tales well, but have wanted to see this movie because it looks like a visual feast and Charlize Theron appears to give off an amazing performace. I like that it's a darker tale and hoping to hear more reviews as I want to see it on the big screne, but I don't want sit and be tormented in the theater because there are too many annoying performance scenes that I might want to fast forward through just so I can oogle the pretty visual and special effects.

Hoping to hear some interesting reviews of the movie.

Old 06-02-2012, 08:44 AM

22,931 posts, read 28,306,592 times
I'd like to see this, but I'm perfectly content to wait for the DVD.

The only thing I've ever seen with Kristen Stewart in it was The Runaways. It wasn't a very good movie, but she was great in it.

Old 06-02-2012, 08:50 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,416,945 times
I really want to see this movie.

KS...lol...she looks and acts just like my ex. Looks like she was just slapped, seems a little emotionally distant (ok, a lot)...they even have the same mouth and teeth.

That's what makes it hard to watch her and take her seriously - I keep seeing some emotionally damaged person.

I think this movie will be good because these actors all have their choice of movies. I don't think they would have picked this if it weren't good.

Old 06-02-2012, 09:14 AM
pll

1,112 posts, read 2,487,974 times
The reviews also mentioned that many are coming to see this movie because of Charlize Theron...

Here is a one review:
"Chris Hemsworth is his usual groggy self in the film, while Kristen Stewart looks clueless throughout the film and her transformation, from a damsel in distress to one who leads an army, is not convincing. The dwarfs, who for a change are played by actual tall characters then digitally altered to look small, aren't exciting either.
However, it is Charlize Theron as the evil queen Ravenna who is the best. She steals the show with her villainous, ruthless act."

Old 06-02-2012, 02:06 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,729,227 times
Does anyone think there will be a sequel based on how the movie ended ?

Old 06-02-2012, 11:58 PM

1,868 posts, read 5,684,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pll View Post
The movie reviews are mixed. Many have thought that Kristin Stewart (Snow White) was miscast. The reviews said her face was expressionless thoroughout most of the movie and that she had a hard time acting next to the great Charlize Theron.

If you agree with this then who would you have preferred to have seen cast as Snow White?
I think Natalie Portman would have been a good choice.

Old 06-03-2012, 12:42 AM
pll

A few ideas of actresses to play snow white: Camilla Bella, Emma Stone, Ashley Greene, Megan Fox, Angelina Jolie

Old 06-03-2012, 12:54 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,806,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pll View Post
A few ideas of actresses to play snow white: Camilla Bella, Emma Stone, Ashley Greene, Megan Fox, Angelina Jolie
sorry-gotta disagree with ALL those choices. Ugh!! No. Sorry.............just MHO ---but egads...........no

Old 06-03-2012, 01:20 AM
pll

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
sorry-gotta disagree with ALL those choices. Ugh!! No. Sorry.............just MHO ---but egads...........no
What are some of your choices?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies