Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2014, 06:00 PM

3,649 posts, read 4,502,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcave360 View Post
Amen!!! I wanted to catch Gravity on IMAX but unfortunately I miss out on that one
Meh, Gravity sucked anyway. On IMAX and DVD. Terrible movie!

But as for JW....well, JP1 and 2 are my favorite movies of all time. JP3 not so much but I can still watch it. I CANNOT wait for this movie. I will probably go to midnight premiere if they have one here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2014, 10:33 AM

2,062 posts, read 2,550,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcave360 View Post
Hi . I may be in the minority here. But I didn't like Jurassic Park. It was interesting at first but then got too violent. It was just lunch for dinosaurs with them attacking and munching on one human being after another. Not much fun for me. I never saw another one after that. Are they really worth it? What do all of you see in it?

Old 12-09-2014, 06:05 PM

3,649 posts, read 4,502,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardisle View Post
Hi . I may be in the minority here. But I didn't like Jurassic Park. It was interesting at first but then got too violent. It was just lunch for dinosaurs with them attacking and munching on one human being after another. Not much fun for me. I never saw another one after that. Are they really worth it? What do all of you see in it?
Good question. Don't really know what I see in them. JP2 is in my top 5 favorite movies of all time, just something about it. I guess even though I'm an adult I still just think dinosaurs are badass. And they looked/sounded GREAT. It's a fun idea, too; cloning dinos from ancient DNA (as unrealistic as it may be).

Old 12-09-2014, 11:29 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,215,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
Meh, Gravity sucked anyway. On IMAX and DVD. Terrible movie!

But as for JW....well, JP1 and 2 are my favorite movies of all time. JP3 not so much but I can still watch it. I CANNOT wait for this movie. I will probably go to midnight premiere if they have one here.
I thought Gravity was good but the ending was kinda lackluster....

But yes!! Can't wait for June 15th Warmer weather and a badass movie release!!!

Old 12-10-2014, 09:05 AM

2,062 posts, read 2,550,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
Good question. Don't really know what I see in them. JP2 is in my top 5 favorite movies of all time, just something about it. I guess even though I'm an adult I still just think dinosaurs are badass. And they looked/sounded GREAT. It's a fun idea, too; cloning dinos from ancient DNA (as unrealistic as it may be).
I agree that dinosaurs are cool and so is the idea of them being cloned and brought back to life, that is why I wanted to watch the movie and at first it was fascinating, I just think they could do more with it then just having them attack and kill over and over again. Not my idea of fun. I do not really like violent movies to begin with though.

Old 12-31-2014, 05:49 AM

495 posts, read 684,755 times
Oh great, dinos run amuck on a small island and kill people and then someone saves the day, like the other poster said. I've seen this exact same movie 3 times now, with slight variations. Jurassic Park made a little over a billion, the lost world made a little over 600 mill and Jurassic 3 made a little over 300 mill. Why the steady decline of almost half the previous picture? BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL THE SAME GD MOVIE. Now Jurassic World is doing the same old rehash. For godsakes let the dinos infest mainland central or south America already. They have been hinting at that for three films so why don't the do it.

Old 01-02-2015, 09:20 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardisle View Post
There is a lot of theory in the idea of the movie that is in the first act. You only see three dinosaurs by the end of the first 45 minutes. There's also comedy in there whether it is the lawyer getting eaten on the toilet, the Wayne Knight stuff or actual joke lines. Another thing I think it is is not just making a dinosaur movie but similar to Alien, a thrilling horror monster movie.

Old 02-04-2015, 07:11 PM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4mvWuky1g0g

Old 05-25-2015, 04:01 PM

Colin Trevorrow on 'Jurassic World's monster star Indominus Rex | EW.com

Old 05-26-2015, 06:59 AM

2,432 posts, read 2,692,335 times
Very excited for this movie! I have high hopes for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies