Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2014, 07:51 AM

2,794 posts, read 2,931,923 times

Advertisements

'Doctor Strange' - November 2016

'Thor: Ragnarok' - July 2017

'Black Panther' - November 2017

'The Inhumans' - November 2018

'Avengers: Infinity War' I - May 2018

'Captain Marvel' - July 2018

'Avengers: Infinity War' II - May 2019

Here you go Marvel fans... what are your thoughts? I'm certainly looking forward to it all! If you need a background on any of these movies here's a little synopsis from CNN.

Your guide to the new Marvel movies - CNN.com
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2014, 09:14 AM

22,913 posts, read 28,253,485 times
Black Panther ... yeah! The rest ... ??? "Infinity War?" Not even sure what that means. Never liked Doctor Strange.

Old 10-29-2014, 09:47 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,883,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Black Panther ... yeah! The rest ... ??? "Infinity War?" Not even sure what that means. Never liked Doctor Strange.
Apparently Infinity War was the sequel to the Infinity Gauntlet story arc so I am guessing they are using that name for it because Infinity Gauntlet isn't that good of a movie title.

I've been watching several different YouTube videos about the different age Marvel is going into. Phase 1 and into 2 was science based whether it was Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Captain America or even Thor with the whole Jane Foster becoming an astropyshicis rather than being a nurse and with Guardians it opened up the cosmic universe. With this, I think it is a little late in the game to introduce Black Panther as it Wakanda was always despite being tribal a very technologically advanced society being that besides Antman, Phase 3 is much more cosmic with the introduction of the Carol Danvers Captain Marvel and The Inhumans and even Doctor Strange who has the mystic dimensions. Another reason I say Black Panther is coming a little late is that it was one of the areas in the map covered in Iron Man 2.

Another thing I don't like is how they are splitting up the Infinity War with Captain Marvel in July 2018 and the Inhumans in November 2018. I feel waiting May 2018 to May 2019 is too long esepcially when you have movies to tie into it. I would have rather Inhumans moved up into May 2018 and shift Part 1 and Marvel one slot later (I think Marvel would tie in better as a half-time act while I don't see what they do with Inhumans.)

Now not to be a downer but I really like the line-up and the new characters that will be introduced as well as the move up of Guardians 2 backing off the success of the first. I am most excited about Black Panther. Though as someone that wanted to see Ant-Man, now I say that is my least looked forward to movie of the list. I want to see what they can do with the Carol Danvers Captain Marvel because it is actually a very popular comic entity right now.

Old 10-29-2014, 06:34 PM

33,221 posts, read 26,417,924 times
I hope they don't kill off Thor for good in 'Ragnarok'. I think 'Dr. Strange' could be a good movie. I can do without the Inhumans and the Black Panther. I'd rather them do something with Namor the Sub-mariner and Daredevil.

Old 10-29-2014, 07:41 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,883,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I hope they don't kill off Thor for good in 'Ragnarok'. I think 'Dr. Strange' could be a good movie. I can do without the Inhumans and the Black Panther. I'd rather them do something with Namor the Sub-mariner and Daredevil.
I am not sure if Thor will die in Ragnarok or not. I think it is possible we could see a brief time of female Thor debuting in the comics and/or the debut of Angela who is a guardian of the galaxy that is the sister of Thor and Loki. Either way, I think Surtur will be in it based on comic history.

I don't know enough about Namor other than virtually being Marvel's Aquaman. As for Daredevil, he's the first Marvel Netflix series leading up to The Defenders which will include the Hell Kitchen characters like Luke Cage and Iron Fist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies