Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2015, 08:08 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,389,483 times

Advertisements

"Pulp Fiction." I expected to really like it but I didn't. I don't hate any movie but there are a few I really don't care for. Hate is too strong a word.

I also didn't like "The Life of Pi." I had read the book and didn't care for the book, either. So, why did I watch the move? Heck if I know. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2015, 08:54 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,294,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
"Pulp Fiction." I expected to really like it but I didn't. I don't hate any movie but there are a few I really don't care for. Hate is too strong a word.

I also didn't like "The Life of Pi." I had read the book and didn't care for the book, either. So, why did I watch the move? Heck if I know. LOL
LOL "Pulp Fiction" is one of my favorite movies! And I liked "The Life of Pi," too. Just goes to show you that one man's junk is another man's treasure, or something like that.

Don't be a [].

Old 12-18-2015, 05:44 PM

17,413 posts, read 12,377,718 times
The Godfather

I know it's supposed to be one of the best movies ever but...eh.

Old 12-18-2015, 05:45 PM

7,272 posts, read 5,312,438 times
Forrest Gump - not only did I hate the movie, but thought the Shawshank Redemption should have won awards for being a much much better movie.

My Left Foot - not a mega movie, but still hated it.

Old 12-21-2015, 01:16 PM

1,793 posts, read 2,393,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
On Rocky. Now there's a new "Rocky" movie of sorts, kind of a spin off. I think its a little contrived but the idea isn't bad. They just didn't quite know how to do it properly. I don't buy the illegitimate 30 year old son of Apollo Creed bringing Rocky back into the business. But I was thinking that with this whole Rousey hype, they could have gone in another direction and had some fun for once with the Rocky franchise. Rocky's best opponent and my personal favorite was Clubber Lang. Rocky could have become Clubber Lang's DAUGHTER's manager and trainer. I always felt they could have had Clubber Lang done a cameo in that last forgettable Rocky film. Show that he cleaned up his life and made peace with Rocky. Just having him interviewed and sharing his analysis on Rocky's fight would have been great.
Clubber and Rocky could have had some great screen time together and Mr. T is sorely missed we should see more of him. It wouldn't have been a straight up comedy but would have been a needed change of pace.
He does pity a large number of fools.

Old 12-25-2015, 11:29 AM

651 posts, read 419,481 times
The Bodyguard (1992). The soundtracks and music are great but I don't think the movie itself is a masterpiece.

Old 12-25-2015, 05:10 PM

983 posts, read 999,824 times
Not even going to try It's A Wonderful Life. Nope, I've tried, and I just can't get it.

Old 12-26-2015, 07:52 AM

37,821 posts, read 41,136,907 times
I usually know enough to not see a movie I know I won't like so this one floored me:

Silence of The Lambs: This movie has everything in it I know I would like in a movie plot-wise and character-wise and yet I tried to watch it twice and gave up on it before it was over both times. I think the reason is maybe I found it to be too talky. Conversation is why I read a lot of books. It's not why I go to the movies. I doubt that any critic would comment on the amount of conversation in a movie so maybe that's why no alarm went off for me.

I really hate it when the Academy Award is given to a movie I really didn't like: Shakespeare in Love, American Beauty and the biggest worst movie, Annie Hall. They are movies I was snookered into seeing by people who went with me to the theater. I would have never gone to see them on my own because I would have known from a brief plot description, I wouldn't like them. But obviously, a lot of other people did like them. I would have walked out but like I said, there was another person (not the same person) with me for all 3 movies. Normally, I go to the theater by myself so I can see what I want to see and not compromise on a movie.

I bowed out of Star Wars after Return of The Jedi and never saw another since.

Old 12-26-2015, 10:40 AM

3,680 posts, read 2,984,510 times
Inglorious Bastards and Reservoir Dogs. Too gruesome.

Old 12-28-2015, 06:33 PM

2,325 posts, read 5,524,253 times
Wow I can't believe how many people mentioned Stanley Kubrick. I think he was a genius.

My first choice would be "Fargo". I HATED that movie but I know a lot of people love it. Why, I can't begin to imagine. I drank an entire bottle of wine trying to endure it.

My second would be "Saving Private Ryan". I just kept wishing someone would kill Private Ryan...and Tom Hanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies