Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2016, 09:59 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,605,343 times

Advertisements

I have read that the bear gets on top of Leo and very emotionally nuzzles and caresses him............this actually happened, was not in the script!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2016, 05:38 AM

28,896 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
I have read that the bear gets on top of Leo and very emotionally nuzzles and caresses him............this actually happened, was not in the script!!!!!!!!!!
yes she nuzzles him to see if he was still alive....the rumors you have heard were sick.....shows you where some peoples minds are at?

Old 01-16-2016, 07:01 AM

11,479 posts, read 9,146,969 times
And when the bear was finished and lit up a cigarette I though, bad cgi. Why use computer generated smoke when they could do it mechanically?

Old 01-18-2016, 05:33 AM

83 posts, read 149,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I personally think Leonardo was good but that he was totally eclipsed by the cinematography, which was absolutely breathtaking.
That is so true!
A friend had to drag me into the theatre because usually I avoid movies that show such raw unflinching violence.

I have to say, the violent episodes with fights and wild animals have faded in my mind already, but the immense beautiful landscape shots have stayed with me, it is one of the best-looking movies I have ever seen.

Old 01-18-2016, 08:48 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha.M View Post
That is so true!
A friend had to drag me into the theatre because usually I avoid movies that show such raw unflinching violence.

I have to say, the violent episodes with fights and wild animals have faded in my mind already, but the immense beautiful landscape shots have stayed with me, it is one of the best-looking movies I have ever seen.
I agree. Another image that has stuck with me is the faces of the native people.

Old 01-19-2016, 08:48 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
It was a great movie and I usually don't like films with so much violence. Must have been very hard to make, too.

Old 01-20-2016, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliotgb View Post
The bear attack was actually created with VFX (visual effects).
Check out this site: How They Created the Bear VFX for the Mauling of Leonardo | Thompson on Hollywood
one of my co-workers stopped by yesterday and said, her and her hubby went to see it and were so totally blown away but everything about the movie....she asked me how the filmed the bear attack....it was so graphic, meaning, it looked so realistic

thanks a bunch.....

Old 01-20-2016, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
It was a great movie and I usually don't like films with so much violence. Must have been very hard to make, too.
There were some scenes I had to look away, but this is how I look at it and get through it...

Life is not always a pretty thing...when you think about wars...and the bad in human beings...who can be brutal...

I don't see the movie as having a lot of violence, but more so, being realistic in quoting history....

My girlfriend said, they went to see Spotlight...she told me it was difficult for her to watch, but it was a true story...and was raised Catholic, which led us into a very deep conversation....but she said to...
Way to many American's live in a protective imaginary bubble, they call life, away from a realistic view...of truth...and real life...people don't want to feel uncomfortable and refuse to face facts....but life is not always pretty, peaceful and fantasy...and in order to survive, we have to understand, bad things happen.

Besides I was raised a farm girl...we hunted, fished, and raised cows, horses, pigs and chickens...and butchered them...so....

american has grown soft me thinks.... (wink)

Old 01-20-2016, 06:51 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,111,956 times
random question, but

Spoiler
Did Tom Hardy's character ever explain how he survived being scalped??

Old 01-20-2016, 09:13 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,618,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
random question, but

Spoiler
Did Tom Hardy's character ever explain how he survived being scalped??
Yes, he did. He wasn't scalped completely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies