Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 12:39 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,709,058 times

Advertisements

LOS ANGELES - Harry Potter was the center of seven novels, but he'll star in eight films. The final book in the wildly successful series will be made into two films, the Los Angeles Times reported Wednesday.

Last 'Harry Potter' book becomes 2 films - Yahoo! News (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2008, 12:43 PM

3,816 posts, read 6,481,051 times
Being a big Potter fan, I'm happy about this, even though the last 2 books were my least favorites of the series. I'm happy because I thought I would only have one more movie to look forward to after "Half Blood Prince" comes out this winter, but now I have two!

On a side note, though, I do not believe the principal actors (Radcliffe, Grint & Watson) contracts included an extra movie, even though the last 2 films are supposedly going to be filmed concurrently.

Old 03-13-2008, 10:25 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,133,339 times
That is exciting! The 6th book was my personal favorite. So much happens in the 7th, I can see why it would need to be split up into two movies. Very exciting stuff for me. I just wish they would come out a little faster.

Old 03-17-2008, 09:16 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,285,011 times
The second of the two will be called, "Harry Potter and the Magical Bags of Cash."

Old 03-17-2008, 09:28 PM

2,245 posts, read 7,203,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
The second of the two will be called, "Harry Potter and the Magical Bags of Cash."
That's so funny...or maybe I'm just tired. I find it ridiculous that they would give a measly 2hours 20 min. to Order of the Phoenix but take two films for Deathly Hallows.

Old 03-20-2008, 04:09 PM

5 posts, read 17,089 times
its like the kill bill syndrome. the film company realized they could make one long movie into two shorter ones and double the money they make. oh well, hopefully they will give the final book the treatment it deserves.

Old 04-02-2008, 07:06 AM

7 posts, read 20,225 times
I love Harry Potter books and movies, but not sure about the 2 for the end book. It will cost twice as much to see it, which is an issue as mostly children want to see it and parents have to shell out

I think I'm going to sit on the fence about it!

I can see both sides, long book, to do it justice 2 movies. Yes makes sense. However, cynical side of me sees millions more in profit for the makers. The author has already said to leave her out of it, as she has been paid for the rights and now hasn't a say in how it is brought out. Besides she already has enough money. Probably down to the movie makers. They may see they have a golden egg that is about to go and want to make as much profit as possible.

But, in the end I will prob go and see both I know, suckered in haha!

Old 04-02-2008, 04:37 PM

24 posts, read 49,689 times
Well I am glad they are making them into two movies...I get tired of good stuff being left out due to time constraints. That is why I was unhappy with OOTP movie because it went sooo fast and they left out good stuff.

Old 04-02-2008, 09:34 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,378,701 times
is there any mention of where they would end the first movie? I haven't read the book in a while, but from what I remember, most of the beginning and middle was them wandering around the country looking for horcruxes. I don't remember anything in the middle that would make an adequate end for the first movie, no major cliff hanger or battle (again, I could be wrong, haven't read the book in a while). it worked w/ Lord of the Rings b/c there was a major battle/fight scenes at the end of each section. even Kill Bill wasn't that bad b/c it ended w/ a battle

Old 04-03-2008, 05:56 PM

128 posts, read 308,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainulinale View Post
That's so funny...or maybe I'm just tired. I find it ridiculous that they would give a measly 2hours 20 min. to Order of the Phoenix but take two films for Deathly Hallows.
I agree that the Order of the Phoenix was way too short. I'm glad to see that we are going to get to see the full book, well, most of it, I imagine. That last fight scene is going to be intense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies