Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2009, 10:21 AM

158 posts, read 515,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
Led Zeppelin is great and a few other bands that come to mind are:

The Who
Black Sabbath
Grand Funk
Steppenwolf
Deep Purple
Three Dog Night
The Guess Who
Bachman Turner Overdrive
Thank you so much for providing the names of '70s rock/metal bands so that I can learn about them. I'd always wondered about how they sounded and I've even heard their names mentioned, but I never knew what people were talking about and couldn't relate because I'd never heard their music.

Again, I really appreciate your taking the time to answer my question and look forward to hearing their music.

Old 01-13-2009, 10:37 AM

2,051 posts, read 9,339,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellie View Post
... What would you consider some of the more sensual songs of the 70s? ...
:returns a quick smile and quickly frees the CD made, pops it in the community player and hands Ms. Cellie the list of songs jotted down.: Enjoy! :-)

Roberta Flack - First time ever i saw your face 1972

YouTube - "First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" ♫♫

Eric Clayton - Wonderful Tonight Live (originally released 1978)

YouTube - wonderful tonight
or
Dailymotion - Eric Clapton - Wonderful Tonight (Live), a video from Schutzengerl1205. eric, clapton, wonderful, tonight, lyrics

Four Tops - Still waters Run Deep - 1970

YouTube - Still Waters Run Deep (Long Version)

Rose Royce - Wishing on a Star - 1977 (audio only)

YouTube - Rose Royce - Wishing On A Star 1977 ( Original )

Bee Gees - How Deep is your Love - Music Video 1977

YouTube - The Bee Gees - How Deep is Your Love 1977
or Tony version

YouTube - BEE GEES = How Deep Is Your Love

Dramatics - In the Rain - 1972

YouTube - IN THE RAIN..THE DRAMATICS

Anne Murry - You needed me - (Live 1978)

YouTube - Anne Murray-You Needed Me

Jad&Den Quintet - Love to love you baby (Live World
[French] Jazz 1980)

YouTube - Love to love you baby

GINO VANELLI - One Night With You (so-so quality Live 1979)

YouTube - GINO VANELLI (Live) - One Night With You

Donna Summers - love to love ya baby (Live)1975

YouTube - Donna Summer - Love To Love You Baby(1975)
or

YouTube - Donna Summer - Love To Love You Baby (1975)

Joe Cocker - You are so beautiful to me 1975

YouTube - You are so beautiful.. to me

Bob Seger - We got tonight 1970s (his music video)

YouTube - We've got tonight
or a nice film

YouTube - WE'VE GOT TONIGHT - BOB SEGER

Gladys Knight & the Pips - If I was Your woman - 1970

YouTube - If I were Your Woman & You were My Man - Gladys Knight
or audio only
Gladys Knight & The Pips - If I Were Your Woman - Free MP3 Stream on IMEEM Music

Gladys Knight & the Pips - You're the best thing that ever happened to me (poor audio/visual Live 1973)

YouTube - You Are The Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me
or just audio

YouTube - Gladys Knight & Pips - Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me

Brothers Johnson - Strawberry Letter 23 - (personal) 1977

YouTube - Strawberry Letter 23 - Brothers Johnson

Rich Springfield - Jesse Girl - music video 1981

YouTube - Rick Springfield- Jessies girl

Seals & Crofts - Diamond Girl - (Live 1973)

YouTube - California Jam 1974 Seals and Crofts Diamond Girl

Barry White - Can't Get Enough Of Your Love Babe 1974

YouTube - Barry White -Can't Get Enough Of Your Love Babe 1974

Barry White - I've found someone (bad audio from Germany 1975)

YouTube - Barry White - I've Found Someone

*At Last FM radio - limited free plays (right hand side -
black box under log in; click to play)

http://www.last.fm/music/Barry+White...+Found+Someone?autostart

Issac Hayes - Hyperbolicsyllabicsesquedalymistic -audio 1969
Isaac Hayes music video & codes - MusicRemedy (http://musicremedy.com/i/Isaac_Hayes/videos/ - broken link)

Delfonics - Didn't I blow your mind this TIME -(audio 1970)

YouTube - The Delfonics - Didn't I (Blow Your Mind This Time) - 45 RPM

Beatles - Something - released in 1969 and was played in film for Bangladesh 1972

YouTube - "something" by the beatles

Harrison and Beatles - while my guitar gently weeps -
released 1968 and again for the 1971 concert and film for Bangladesh 1972)

YouTube - The Concert for Bangladesh - While My Guitar Gently Weeps

Youthful montage here:

YouTube - While My Guitar Gently Weeps

Last edited by MadAtMcCain; 01-13-2009 at 11:37 AM..

Old 01-13-2009, 10:43 AM

12,973 posts, read 34,024,219 times
George Clinton/Funkadelic "Not Just Knee Deep"

YouTube - ( Not Just ) Knee Deep * Funkadelic - 12'' Mix

Parliament/Funkadelic - Aquaboogie - not the best version but only one I could find.

YouTube - George Clinton & Parliament/Funkadelic

Old 01-13-2009, 11:14 AM

158 posts, read 515,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAtMcCain View Post
:returns a quick smile and quickly frees the CD made, pops it in the community player and hands Ms. Cellie the list of songs jotted down.: Enjoy! :-)
~eyes widen then heart lifts with excitement at the list of songs and links... face brightens like the sun, in expectation of poetry and notes to be heard~

~suddenly feels shy and blushes... astounded at the length of offerings, knowing that it must have taken much time to compile~

~lowers to a deep curtsey, cheeks burning, to Mr. MAM... dark lashes lowered~

This heart is so grateful for your sensitivity and investment of time to share your musical treasures. Into the evening I will remain at work to hear these gifts.

Please accept my sincere thanks for this bounty of melodious songs.

I didn't know that there were so many sensual songs around in the '70s--thank you.

Old 01-13-2009, 11:37 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,098,263 times
Quote:

I didn't know that there were so many sensual songs around in the '70s--thank you.
Chuckle- the 70's were a time when no matter what you caught from whom, a shot of penicillin would cure it..... it was fun! We had to have some sensual tunes to get our groove thang on by!

Old 01-13-2009, 12:18 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,687,816 times
Quote:
Thank you so much for providing the names of '70s rock/metal bands so that I can learn about them. I'd always wondered about how they sounded and I've even heard their names mentioned, but I never knew what people were talking about and couldn't relate because I'd never heard their music.

Again, I really appreciate your taking the time to answer my question and look forward to hearing their music.
Your welcome Cellie. I should have also added Alice Cooper as he was a early 70's metal head and infact i really believe that ''Heavy Metal'' thru out the late 70's, 80's, 90's, and the 00's can trace their roots to Black Sabbath and Alice Cooper starting in 1970.

There were some good Hard Rock 70's bands like Led Zeppelin, Rush, Bad Company, Nazareth, Boston and Aerosmith to name just a few of many bands however there were only a few true Heavy Metal 70's bands and they were Black Sabbath, Alice Cooper, Judas Preist and Kiss (I'm sure i missed someone).

Infact while Black Sabbath may be the father of Heavy Metal ........Kiss is the father of the 80's Hairbands or 80's Metal as most of the metal bands in the 80's were kids and teens in the 70's when Kiss came out wearing makeup, earings and wild outfits as the 80's metal bands wanted to imitate and emulate Kiss.

Last edited by Six Foot Three; 01-13-2009 at 12:27 PM..

Old 01-13-2009, 12:29 PM

2,051 posts, read 9,339,822 times
Quote:
...Please accept my sincere thanks for this bounty of melodious songs.

I didn't know that there were so many sensual songs around in the '70s--thank you...
:gentle laughter: Then I shant recognize any discomfort and also wish to add one I forgot to place tho I've been humming it off and on all this half day....

Marvin Gaye - Distance Lover - (montage of live performances and still photos) 1974

YouTube - Distant Lover - Marvin Gaye 1974

Truly tho, it gave me great pleasure to assist therefore think not twice about anything. Thank you for allowing me the privilege to share and assist in your interest. Thank you Ms. : slight bow with a smile, turns and leave for work:

Old 01-13-2009, 01:16 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,216,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
Your welcome Cellie. I should have also added Alice Cooper as he was a early 70's metal head and infact i really believe that ''Heavy Metal'' thru out the late 70's, 80's, 90's, and the 00's can trace their roots to Black Sabbath and Alice Cooper starting in 1970.

There were some good Hard Rock 70's bands like Led Zeppelin, Rush, Bad Company, Nazareth, Boston and Aerosmith to name just a few of many bands however there were only a few true Heavy Metal 70's bands and they were Black Sabbath, Alice Cooper, Judas Preist and Kiss (I'm sure i missed someone).

Infact while Black Sabbath may be the father of Heavy Metal ........Kiss is the father of the 80's Hairbands or 80's Metal as most of the metal bands in the 80's were kids and teens in the 70's when Kiss came out wearing makeup, earings and wild outfits as the 80's metal bands wanted to imitate and emulate Kiss.
How could you forget Deep Purple!:-(

Old 01-13-2009, 01:31 PM

2,464 posts, read 6,479,495 times
My favorite song of the 70's... oh, man that's difficult. Off the top of my head...

Bee Gee's - "More than a woman" (I know it's probably the cheesiest song ever... but I like it)

Fleetwood Mac - "Dreams"

Rolling Stones - "Tumbling Dice" (gotta roll me...)

Gerry Rafferty - "Right Down the Line"

Pink Floyd - Everything on Dark side of the Moon

Old 01-13-2009, 02:21 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,687,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
How could you forget Deep Purple!:-(
Yeah i also forgot AC/DC and Van Halen as i'm sure i'm missing a few more .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music