Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 12:54 AM

45 posts, read 268,056 times

Advertisements

Zamphir- Master of the Panflute
Charlottle Church
Riverdance
Some guy who has "Sold millions of records in Italy!"

There have been many fads in music and entertainment. Many of these things people had never seen or heard of, but all of a sudden there was this commercial and everyone knew.

When the whole Riverdance thing hit, my wife's grandmother went and ordered multiple copies for family members because it was just something they had to see.

So, confess. Who out there has bought/ordered/raved about a fad such as the people mentioned, only to now be completely embarresed by the whole ordeal?

I could also go on and on about Yani and John Tesh, but that's for a different post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2007, 07:25 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,457,624 times
I was part of the New Kids on the Block craze. I remember my favorite being Joey McIntyre. Boy did I have some bad taste in music back then.

I also brought an Andrea Bocelli album thinking it was "opera". I was clueless!

Old 08-01-2007, 07:34 AM

1,498 posts, read 3,467,845 times
I can honestly say, I follow the beat of a different drummer . I never followed any trends or fads, musically I have always listened to many different styles and artists. Yani, John Tesh LMAO what a collection that would be. If classical music is considered on the lines your looking for , ok i'm guilty of that .

Old 08-01-2007, 08:17 AM

3,434 posts, read 9,750,005 times
um no didnt like any of it...but I did like Milli Vinili...who knew? lol

Old 08-01-2007, 08:39 AM

45 posts, read 268,056 times
I liked Milli Vanilli too. My wife gives me a hard time about that. I'd have to say that's the only thing in my past I'm guilty of.

Old 08-01-2007, 09:39 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,458,535 times
I am not ashamed to admit I loved Milli Vanilli - and I also loved the spoof they did of them on In Living Color. The fact is, they looked good, danced great, and someone else was making the music (I don't really mind). I don't think what the media did to them was fit for their crime. One of the two ended up committing suicide after the downward spiral. Was Ashley Simpson's SNL faux pas any better? She's still out there going strong, getting nose jobs and making millions.

Old 08-01-2007, 09:41 AM

5,793 posts, read 13,945,025 times
Hey - That list ain't complete without some Boxcar Willie, Roger Whittaker and Slim Whitman.

Old 08-01-2007, 09:44 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,235,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
I was part of the New Kids on the Block craze. I remember my favorite being Joey McIntyre. Boy did I have some bad taste in music back then.
No way. It was all about Jordan Knight baby
I used to watch the cartoon too.

Old 08-01-2007, 11:30 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,649,543 times
The blond dancer (male) for RiverDance was amazing! Forget his name.

Old 08-01-2007, 12:29 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,049,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I am not ashamed to admit I loved Milli Vanilli - and I also loved the spoof they did of them on In Living Color. The fact is, they looked good, danced great, and someone else was making the music (I don't really mind). I don't think what the media did to them was fit for their crime. One of the two ended up committing suicide after the downward spiral. .
Man were those guys good-looking.
According to Wikipedia, the actual cause of Pilatus' death is contested; maybe he just OD'd,who knows.
Morvan continues in the industry.
There is going to be a movie made of their rise and fall, and it might be interesting.
My guilty pleasures?
Well, I bought,and repeatedly listened to the Saturday Night Fever album.
I'm not all that embarrassed, though.
I listened to the Monkees, too. I still like Last Train to Clarkesville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music