Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2012, 03:08 PM

909 posts, read 1,063,989 times

Advertisements

What say you, the American public (beside the usual "who cares" from fans of other genres...so there is no reason for them to post in this thread)...

Soundgarden/Audioslave vs. Foo Fighters vs. Bush vs. the others...

Anybody out there want to jump in on this?

(yes, I am the same person who posted about jazz and Tom Petty and other styles of music - so?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2012, 10:33 AM

36 posts, read 31,773 times

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG9FU9j7oXY]Alice in Chains - Dam That River (HQ) with Lyrics - YouTube[/url]

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wqg3GnTICLg]Alice In Chains - Man In The Box - YouTube[/url]

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKXIk45pL0o]Alice In Chains - What The Hell Have I - YouTube[/url]

Old 07-29-2012, 10:39 AM

Why^? Because rock n rollers and metal heads dig it too. There is still the guitar there with smoking riffs without all the weirdo political messages. Shut up and ROCK!

Old 07-29-2012, 10:41 AM

2,094 posts, read 3,657,678 times
It is all socially acceptable and was from the very beginning. It was great to hear real rock again after the 80s.

Old 07-29-2012, 10:48 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,149,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man4Man View Post
Why^? Because rock n rollers and metal heads dig it too. There is still the guitar there with smoking riffs without all the weirdo political messages. Shut up and ROCK!

Alice in Chains was the BEST! The music rocked hard, And the singers performed great also. I would have loved to be in the Seattle clubs when these groups were first starting.

The mainstream rock today is whiny, Self-righteous corporate drivel, Or screeching and growling with no point to it. Screamo? That's a genre? Give us a break!

Old 07-29-2012, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Alice in Chains was the BEST! The music rocked hard, And the singers performed great also. I would have loved to be in the Seattle clubs when these groups were first starting.

The mainstream rock today is whiny, Self-righteous corporate drivel, Or screeching and growling with no point to it. Screamo? That's a genre? Give us a break!
Not too punk, not too soft. Just right, and that's why most ROCK fans like them. They still do, as AIC bridges the gap in the Rock world. You can still hear AIC being jammed out of car stereos and nearly everywhere. They made music that lasts and lasts and stands the test of time!

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JA25BIxgtk"]Alice In Chains - We Die Young - YouTube[/URL]

Old 07-29-2012, 11:03 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,149,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man4Man View Post
Not too punk, not too soft. Just right, and that's why most ROCK fans like them. They still do, as AIC bridges the gap in the Rock world. You can still hear AIC being jammed out of car stereos and nearly everywhere. They made music that lasts and lasts and stands the test of time!

Alice In Chains - We Die Young - YouTube
They did. Layne's aching vocals in "Dirt" is unforgettable to this day. Even the later self-titled album rocked with songs like "God am" and "Sludge factory." "Sea of Sorrow" And "Bleed the freak" were the first songs i heard on a college radio station. I had long hair and a blacklight in my room and I knew them and a few others were the start of something special.

Old 07-29-2012, 11:03 AM

How about a live one from back in the day to remind folks how much this band kicked ass and how much people liked them!

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eipuJPgHFZk]Alice in Chains - Man in the Box (live) - YouTube[/url]

Old 07-31-2012, 12:45 PM

1,089 posts, read 1,527,937 times
I loved AIC, specially their EP Jar of Flies, I think it was pure genius and highly underrated. The song “Nutshell” still brings me to tears, and what can you say about the song “Would?” , arguably the best song to come out of the whole grunge revolution. I would have love for AIC to continue; Pearl Jam became too pop rock too quickly, and Soundgarden was always too metal for me, but AIC was just the perfect blend, and the pairing of Jerry Cantrell smooth vocals with Layne’s raspy voice always sent chills down my spine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music