Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2015, 11:13 PM

23,651 posts, read 14,126,516 times

Advertisements

Here listening to music videos in the background as I type, such as Vanessa Carlton, ie "A thousand miles". So I looked her up and that piece was done in 2002......MY GOD, HAS IT BEEN THAT LONG?

I suppose so. Carly Rae Jepsen's "Call Me Maybe" is popular on the radio around here....and that was done in 2011. My! How Time Flies......and I suppose it does, especially when you don't pay that much attention, come across things more in passing than in searching, don't have that much in the active circuits (ie, just radio and an occasional video).

I suppose the decades might be a dividing line. I mean, I'm pretty good at "realizing" music from the 90's......it was something of a blast to hear Frida's "I know there's something going on" (80's) on the radio Friday morning, having played it on a car tape the previous day. This century, however, is new, so it may take the first twenty years before I realize that this century is 20 years old.

There might be hope.......but I doubt it. Sitting around me are 36 "new" CD's that came in today. Two 80's albums (Easton, Samantha Fox) that I ordered and the rest picked up at 1/2 Price books, 5 of them showtunes and performance (bellydance, burlesque) music, and then 29 various artists from the 80's till "now".

I like my tunes.....but I like it a certain way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music