Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2008, 12:27 PM

5,120 posts, read 16,604,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryfry View Post
That is somewhat correct. It's actually "revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night"
Thanks. I realized that after I posted. I was distracted at work with work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2008, 01:20 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,479,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Aren't they called "The Carpenter" now, since Karen is gone?

Sorry, I know that's bad...

As Larry the Cable Guy puts it, "That aint right! Lord I apologize!"...
'And to the starvin pygmies in new guinea'

Old 06-11-2008, 01:48 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,243,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggalegga View Post
I think the correct lyric is: "Reved up light a deuce, another runner in the night."
No matter what the correct lyric is, I will never be able to get the mondegreen "Revved up like a douche" out of my head. Ever.

Old 06-11-2008, 01:55 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,251,504 times
That new Rihanna song "take a bow" is AWFUL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its almost as bad as Umbrella-ella-eh-eh-eh. Who told this girl she could sing?? the girl cant hold a note for more than 1 second.

Old 06-11-2008, 02:07 PM

719 posts, read 2,619,182 times
All of Helen Ready's stuff and most of Stevie Nicks, particularly her more recent work. That voice has really begun to sound like a 4 pack a dayer's.

Old 06-11-2008, 02:23 PM

18,037 posts, read 27,484,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missncr View Post
Old Time Rock n Roll--Bob Segar
Hollywood Nights--Bob Segar
Pink Houses--John Mellen Cougar Camp (lol)
Don't Stop--Fleetwood Mac

They just have been over played to the max.
Hey, you stole my line. I thought I invented that!

I'm reading through this thread finally because it won't go away. Since it's 50 pages long, please don't be offended if this one's already listed;

Shook Me All Night Long - AC/DC.

The reason I hate this song is because I'm a true AC/DC fan and anybody who likes this song isn't. It's probably their only song that busted the Top 40 and it's so overplayed. I never liked it anyway. I like the concept and all, except for the fact that Brian Johnson should have learned how to think about Baseball at the critical moment...

Oh, and Moany Moany whatevertheph#%$ by Billy Idol!

Oh, and Don't Worry Be Happy. I'd like to stick a bleeding Jack Bauer and Sayid from LOST in HIS bed one night and tell him to Don't Worry, Be Happy!

Now some songs that will make me just go up and change the station immediately:

Wonderful Tonight - Eric Clapton's worst song
Stairway to Heaven - Led Zepplin's worst song
Do you Love Me? - Now that you can dance? No, I want to smash your head with a brick.

Last edited by McGowdog; 06-11-2008 at 03:09 PM.. Reason: add

Old 06-11-2008, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
That new Rihanna song "take a bow" is AWFUL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its almost as bad as Umbrella-ella-eh-eh-eh. Who told this girl she could sing?? the girl cant hold a note for more than 1 second.
What does she do,release 1 new song per year then they play it to death,remixes and all?

Old 06-11-2008, 02:30 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,251,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
What does she do,release 1 new song per year then they play it to death,remixes and all?
More like a new album a year, every song gets played, they all spend numerous weeks at #1. and ughh.. it's just awful.She had to be chosen for sex appeal, she had to.

Old 06-11-2008, 03:04 PM

18,037 posts, read 27,484,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
No matter what the correct lyric is, I will never be able to get the mondegreen "Revved up like a douche" out of my head. Ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originally Posted by bryfry
That is somewhat correct. It's actually "revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night"
My dad, Mr. McGowdog Sr., sings it "Wrapped up like a douche, another rubber in the night..."

Old 06-11-2008, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Oh, and Don't Worry Be Happy. I'd like to stick a bleeding Jack Bauer and Sayid from LOST in HIS bed one night and tell him to Don't Worry, Be Happy!
We should probably still try though
Oh and maybe watch a little less Lost?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music