Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2009, 01:59 PM

2,051 posts, read 9,336,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by b. frank View Post
Yes, it is. Also, this will be my fourth time seeing ISIS play and it has never been less than a great experience. Each time ISIS has been the headliner - even when they were opening for Tool (Tool couldn't make it to Austin; I didn't mind a bit). To be honest, no offense to the bands but I kinda wish Pelican and Tombs would take a night off and let ISIS take the stage all night. These guys are pure artists.

Woot! Any way you think you could film them and put it on Utube?

Old 05-19-2009, 03:37 PM

78 posts, read 129,949 times

YouTube - Isis - Grinning Mouths

YouTube - ISIS "So Did We"

YouTube - Isis - In Fiction
One of my favorite bands. Love putting these dudes in my ears and carve off a big slice on the slopes in the Colorado Rocky Mountains-nothin' bedda!!!!!

Old 05-19-2009, 03:42 PM

Talking I'm green with envy

Quote:
Originally Posted by b. frank View Post
Yes, it is. Also, this will be my fourth time seeing ISIS play and it has never been less than a great experience. Each time ISIS has been the headliner - even when they were opening for Tool (Tool couldn't make it to Austin; I didn't mind a bit). To be honest, no offense to the bands but I kinda wish Pelican and Tombs would take a night off and let ISIS take the stage all night. These guys are pure artists.
Hope you had an incredible time. I've only seen em once but they are true musicians. Let us all know how it was.
peace

Old 05-19-2009, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
My favorite thing, since I was a little girl, was to have the stereo turned up to 11 and "feel" the vibration move through me. I could close my eyes and be surrounded by the music. It's still something I seek out now. To be completely engulfed by the sound and vibration of pounding drums, soaring guitar and thumping bass.

I think the very earliest memory I have of being surrounded by a wall of music is when my Dad bought the 45 of this song home. (Most of you won't know it but it's huge in Oz! )

YouTube - Daddy Cool - Eagle Rock - Clip (1971)

AND today I've been making my wall with this.

YouTube - Metallica - Of Wolf and Man (Studio Version)

Thank you too brooks! And everybody! I can see I have to go buy more cd's!
thats an addiction of mine

Old 05-19-2009, 07:31 PM

Default Anouk - Who Cares

... this isn't Metal but with a little push it
could be cause it got the right "feel' ...

Anouk - Who Cares

YouTube - Anouk - Who Cares

MMC

`

Old 05-20-2009, 09:45 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,636,274 times
Default More 80's Badass Metal

Thank god for MMC Metal Thread as i need some mad and angry metal sound for my current mood .

YouTube - Iron Maiden - Powerslave

Old 05-20-2009, 02:53 PM

Default Anouk - Don't ... Jeruzalem

^^ understand... just got in otherwise would have
pump some stuff for ya... :: ponders... :: sometimes
a blend with a woman's touch can add much unless
the trouble is that...

... Metal Heads tend to like Anouk as I do... ( love her
really ) ... so let me see what I got that's a blend
toward Metal...

I love the sultry soul of Dutch... :: flips thru some of her
stuff :: ... if you need harder then thank gawd the thread
is full of that for sure... not sure this is 80s enough but...

Anouk - Don't

YouTube - Anouk - Don't (Official Video)

Anouk - Jeruzalem - Live - ( low audio )

YouTube - anouk-jeruzalem@rock werchter 2006

Anouk - Jerusalem ((Disabled)) - music video

YouTube - Jerusalem - Anouk

MMC

`

Old 05-20-2009, 03:02 PM

Default Anouk - Only You ... Lost ... If I Go

... in the event you wanna stick with her... see if
she changes your mood...

A Metal-ish intro...

Anouk - Only You

YouTube - anouk-only you@rock werchter 2006

this next one is sorta slow... passionate hurt... sexy

Anouk - Lost

YouTube - Anouk - Lost (Official Video)

.. and lastly regarding her... (for this thread) this one...

Anouk - If I Go

YouTube - Anouk - If I Go Official Video

... hope one of these help ya Brother... the harder
stuff is in the back...

:: man that sounded like a special type of
bookstore.. grin ::

MMC

`

Old 05-20-2009, 03:25 PM

4,537 posts, read 9,194,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAtMcCain View Post
... hope one of these help ya Brother... the harder stuff is in the back ...
Thanks for these

Old 05-20-2009, 07:43 PM

2,957 posts, read 7,387,052 times
Default Isis, Pelican, Tombs 5-19-09: My review

Tombs was first and they were better than I expected. They have a great live sound - tight and precise amidst the chaos and perceived sloppiness of their music. They will be pegged as "alt-metal" or "post-metal" but I think that they are a pure metal band. There's some Black Metal in there and quite a bit of Doom Metal -- really classic sounds but from a newer perspective. The songs are kind of short and rockin (like I like it) which is delightful considering how much noodling could potentially go on in their songs. They definitely get a little bit "crescendo-core" here and there but it never goes on for, like, ten minutes. Highly recommended.
Pelican was next and though it hurts me to say this: I was disappointed. I sincerely love their LP, Australasia, and will defend it to my dying day but their metal factor gets lower and lower from there. Soon enough they will simply sound like Mogwai or Explosions In The Sky. I respect them a lot as musicians- they know their craft well so I am happy about their success and I'm sure it will grow; they deserve it. But it's not what I am looking for at a metal show.
Isis.
They only get better with age. Man, they sound GOOD. I'm speechless - seriously. Just listen to this song...

YouTube - ISIS - Hall of the Dead
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music