Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 06:55 PM

31,384 posts, read 37,157,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
And if you were already earning millions and had millions, you would be an idiot and a traitor to perform for the son of a terrorist.
You mean the terrorist that neo-Rightest were so quick to embrace when Bush took Libya off the state sponsor of terrorism list? Those terrorist?

"Officials said the signing of the compensation claims agreement would pave the way for funding by Congress of the construction of a U.S. embassy in Tripoli and Senate approval of an American ambassador. They said Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice would prepare to visit Tripoli as early as October 2008."

World Tribune —U.S.-Libya deal clears way for normalized ties

Sen. John McCain, visiting Libya this past week, praised Muammar Gaddafi for his peacemaking efforts in Africa. In addition, McCain called for the U.S. Congress to expand ties with Gaddafi's government, according to Libya's state news agency.

John McCain Praises Libyan Leader Gaddafi -- Politics Daily

The Libyan leader's son met Thursday in Washington with Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice. He described his talk with her as a courtesy visit and not a formal meeting. The two discussed Russia, Georgia, piracy in Somalia and other global issues. Rice was "a smart lady with great knowledge," he said.

Gadhafi's son praises Libya-U.S. relations - CNN.com

Still waiting for a few critical words about Paul Allen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2010, 06:59 PM

58 posts, read 80,789 times
Quote:
I like Norah Jones. She is a talented singer. Beyonce is a talent as well. I would like to see you shake your azz for hours in 3-4inch heels.
My Jimmy Choos are not made for dancing, plus I'm too lazy to shake my azz for no longer than fifteen minutes...unless it's for another pair of Jimmy Choo slingbacks. Beyonce's dance moves fascinate me because I can't help but think that girlfriend has the itch to pat her weave but instead has to shake the itch out since she's onstage performing. But you know what, I would so become a fan if she could invent a dance move that involves patting the weave.

Old 01-05-2010, 07:01 PM

981 posts, read 809,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry sakura View Post
My Jimmy Choos are not made for dancing, plus I'm too lazy to shake my azz for no longer than fifteen minutes...unless it's for another pair of Jimmy Choo slingbacks. Beyonce's dance moves fascinate me because I can't help but think that girlfriend has the itch to pat her weave but instead has to shake the itch out since she's onstage performing. But you know what, I would so become a fan if she could invent a dance move that involves patting the weave.
I thought it was a lace front.

Old 01-05-2010, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Jealousy is so very unbecoming.
Right, I'm jealous because I voiced my opinion of not liking her as a performer. Ever heard of something called preference or snark? Quite a leap to make there about assumptions.

Old 01-05-2010, 07:08 PM

Quote:
I thought it was a lace front.
That's what dainty ladies call them, my drag queen friends are old skool...they call those things weaves!

This thread is fun. Alas, I have to go finish up a research paper on pharmacological impacts on neuronal pathways, also fun stuff!

Old 01-05-2010, 07:16 PM
SWV

445 posts, read 1,339,886 times
No she's not stupid, she's smart. She's making her money...she probably doesn't care who she performs for as long as she's getting paid.

Old 01-05-2010, 07:17 PM

18,247 posts, read 22,596,915 times
Quote:
Wow! Looks like someone really has a thing for Miss B

You sure do spend a lot of time wondering about how she moves and what she's shaking for someone who doesn't care for her style.....just saying

Old 01-05-2010, 07:18 PM
SWV

445 posts, read 1,339,886 times
Quote:
Yes, she IS stupid and overrated talent-wise. In a sane and fair world, Norah Jones would be a bigger star than Beyonce. Although I'm not gonna deny that Beyonce's dance moves, which mainly consist of shaking her wig/ weave around, are all kinds of entertaining in an unintentionally funny way.

Norah Jones? WHAT? lol @ that comment.

Do you really want to go there?

Old 01-05-2010, 07:25 PM

Quote:
You sure do spend a lot of time wondering about how she moves and what she's shaking for someone who doesn't care for her style.....just saying
Again, so that I can keep up being snarky...'cause it's fun to be snarky. Okay, I really have to go back to my studies now. It was fun debating Beyonce's style with you all...this should be a regular thread.

Old 01-05-2010, 07:25 PM

3,275 posts, read 5,214,879 times
You guys really need hobbies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music