Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2010, 07:54 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,654,978 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. I'm looking into booking gigs in the Myrtle Beach area in October. I'm trying to get a feel for the area. First question is how is the tourist season throughout the rest of the year in myrtle beach? If the season dies down at what time roughly? Another question I have is regarding any good leads/places to check out. Are there any good places that you know of that have bands play throughout the week? Are there any good areas to check into or areas to avoid?

Thanks in advance

Welcome to Facebook
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2010, 10:00 AM

1,518 posts, read 6,704,079 times
I would check with the Chamber of Commerce first. They should be able to point you in the right direction. Myrtle Beach SC: Myrtle Beach Hotels, Resorts, Attractions & Vacation Guide

Things die down quite a bit once the kids go back to school, which begins in late August. After Labor Day it's much quieter. Things liven back up a bit between Thanksgiving and New Year's, and then January and February are usually the quietest months. Can-Am Days (Canadian-American) is in March, which is a busy time, then there's Easter and things gear up again heading into Memorial Day and the summer.

You might also check with Broadway at the Beach. I'm not sure who's in charge of hiring bands for their Celebrity Square area, but it'd be worth checking out. Myrtle Beach shopping, dining, nightlife, entertainment in one place! Broadway at the Beach (http://www.broadwayatthebeach.com - broken link)

Old 07-29-2010, 12:43 PM

61 posts, read 214,126 times
I would also check with some of the bars / restaurants, a lot of them have bands playing year round at least one night a week! I don't know what your genre is, but you can also check with Surfside Bowling Alley, they have live bands but their focus is usually more Rock music because they draw a younger crowd!

Old 07-30-2010, 06:10 AM

13 posts, read 21,199 times
Try the resturants of the Marshwalk in Murrells Inlet Murrells Inlet SC Marshwalk Dining Restaurant Entertainment Guide South Carolina Seafood In particuar I would try Dead Dogs, Creek Ratz, Bubba's Love Shak, and Druken Jacks. They have bands everyweekend night and some weeknights off season. Good Luck!

Old 08-02-2010, 01:53 PM

5,404 posts, read 16,026,512 times
What kind of music do you play? That will dictate where you should look...what type of club or venue!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area