Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2012, 05:50 PM

1 posts, read 5,550 times

Advertisements

We are looking to buy a home for retirement. Is anyone familiar with this subdivision? Could anyone tell me what the HOA fees include? Thank you in advance for any information you can share!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2012, 06:42 PM

790 posts, read 1,623,545 times
I don't know anything about this subdivision but this would be a good place to start. Home*-*Hillsborough Homeowners Association

In the documents, you'll find the Covenants which indicates that the HOA fees are about $850/year and the rest of the document should tell you what's included.

Old 06-13-2013, 06:35 PM

2 posts, read 7,619 times
nothing except broken pool and tyranny hoa fees are 363.00 a quarter

Old 02-23-2014, 09:32 AM

1 posts, read 4,844 times
This is a lovely neighborhood with beautiful homes. HOA fees include basic cable, weekly trash pickup and maintenance of the common areas including the newly refurbished pool. There is a very active social committee with many activities. Great area for walking or bike riding.

Old 02-23-2014, 09:46 AM

1 posts, read 4,842 times
To Bulldozer856
Get your facts right, tell people why the POOL was BROKE, or did you not take the time to learn and understand why ? if you are paying 363.00 per qtr in HOA fees then you are paying too much because they are only 353.00 per qtr. and have not been raised in over 3 years and the overage of 10 bucks is credited to your account. again check your facts before you open your trap to write untruths about the community you live in. as for your attitude about Hillsborough, have you stepped up to offer any assistance in seeing you have a better community to live in ? or are you just one of those that sit back and want someone else to do everything for you, then when you are unhappy about something ***** at everyone for not making you happy. there is an old saying here in Horry County for people like you, so here is a piece of old timers advise. You know the road you came into town on, it goes right back in the opposite direction, so if you don't like it here, or are not willing to chip in and make this a a better place to live, here is a buck for some gas, hit the road. as for me i will help out here anyway i can and stay.

Old 12-31-2016, 05:44 PM

95 posts, read 95,947 times
Hi, I know this post is a couple of years old, but I'm interested in this subdivision, particularly how it's changed over the years. Looking to retire there.

Old 12-31-2016, 06:01 PM

214 posts, read 261,419 times
Default Hillsborough

There is currently 24 homes for sale in this subdivision . $118.00 a month for HOA fees . There is a nice selection of homes , different sizes and # of bedrooms . Looks very walkable . Not a whole lot directly near the neighborhood , you will have to do some driving for restaurants , entertainment , shopping , etc . Close to International Drive , could be a plus if/when it is finished . My wife is also interested in Hillsborough , I am leaning towards Glenmoor which is right down the road .

Old 05-05-2017, 03:44 PM

6 posts, read 9,778 times
We are also looking at this community as a possible retirement location. We have come to really like the RSParker homes and the particular model we love is available here. It seems to be a tad more 'rural' than most with a bit more room between homes and not a typical 'boxed' community if that makes sense, with the winding roads, etc. Can anyone give me an idea of age demographics, older, younger, lots of little ones, etc? We were there today and didn't see too many people out, a few bike riders and a couple of dog walkers.

Old 05-05-2017, 07:30 PM

734 posts, read 921,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb714 View Post
We are also looking at this community as a possible retirement location. We have come to really like the RSParker homes and the particular model we love is available here. It seems to be a tad more 'rural' than most with a bit more room between homes and not a typical 'boxed' community if that makes sense, with the winding roads, etc. Can anyone give me an idea of age demographics, older, younger, lots of little ones, etc? We were there today and didn't see too many people out, a few bike riders and a couple of dog walkers.
We have looked there and also in the Shaftesbury subdivision off of Rt 905. If our house sells here in Ladson SC; then we will be moving to the Shaftesbury community. If our contingency expires; then we may go to the Hillsborough area. Both areas are really nice. Away from the mainstream of things.

We are really retired I guess. Well will be in 18 months. I just haven't been working. Just living off of my savings for the past couple of years.

Both Parker and H&H Homes have well built homes. H&H Homes uses 2 by 6 studs; Parker and most builders use 2 by 4 studs. Shaftesbury has a subcommunity called Cotteges at Shaftesbury which the HOA fees includes lawn care(cutting the grass and pine straw) water for the irrigation system, trash pickup and pool. HOA is $140 per month.

We just need to get the house sold here so we can get to Conway.

Old 05-07-2017, 11:43 AM

215 posts, read 545,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e66330 View Post
There is currently 24 homes for sale in this subdivision . $118.00 a month for HOA fees . There is a nice selection of homes , different sizes and # of bedrooms . Looks very walkable . Not a whole lot directly near the neighborhood , you will have to do some driving for restaurants , entertainment , shopping , etc . Close to International Drive , could be a plus if/when it is finished . My wife is also interested in Hillsborough , I am leaning towards Glenmoor which is right down the road .

Looks like they plan to be finished around March, 2018. I'm sure there is alot of excitement building on Hwy. 90.
International Drive lawsuit dismissed, Horry County hopes to cha - WMBFNews.com, Myrtle Beach/Florence SC, Weather

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area