Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2015, 12:50 PM

2 posts, read 3,285 times

Advertisements

Hello All, Just found this forum today. Bostonians with a 5 year old moving to MB. Think we have narrowed it down to these 4 communities. I would love BRUTALLY HONEST feedback on them. Thank you.

Waterbridge, Waterford Plantation, Waterway Palms Plantation and Berkshire Forest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2015, 03:56 PM

790 posts, read 1,620,210 times
The only one that we looked at when we moved here was Berkshire Forest. BF is nice but my caution would be to look at where the house is located relative to Rt 31. The houses that back to up or are near Rt 31 will get a lot of traffic noise as traffic builds on the highway as it becomes more heavily used. If the house is further away from Rt 31, the noise won't be an issue.

My suggestion is to consider Berkshire Forest or Waterway Palms simply based on traffic. Waterbridge and Waterford Plantation are both in Carolina Forest. There's one main road through CF and turning left (across the traffic) in or out of a development is horrific especially during heavy traffic times. We had friends that we considering Waterford and we encouraged them to visit it at 5:00pm. After doing so, they quickly changed their minds.

The other traffic issue with CF is that the main entrance/exit into CF is off of Rt501. During the summer, you can sit through multiple 4 minute lights waiting to get onto Rt 501 and then sit on 501 for long periods of time in traffic. We live in Forestbrook and from May to September, we get any business we have that requires the use of 501 done during the week. We won't get close to 501 on Friday/Sat/Sun/.

BF and Waterway Palms are on River Oaks which does not have the same traffic issue as CF. That's the sole basis of my recommendation. Otherwise, they are all very nice communities.

Old 03-23-2015, 11:17 AM

161 posts, read 329,989 times
We are closing on a house in Waterford Plantation next month . We live further up 501 in Conway now. I rarely have an issue with 501 unless there is an accident, and yes I travel it every day during rush hour. If you want more specific info feel free to PM me. I work in Pawleys Island and have more trouble with traffice down here!

Old 04-04-2015, 07:18 AM

2 posts, read 3,285 times
Thank you both for the great feedback. We are heading down for our first visit in July....will probably have more questions after that.

Old 04-14-2015, 02:37 PM

15 posts, read 33,250 times
The one that stands out unlike the other communities you mentioned is Berkshire Forest. Berkshire is in a similar area, but not a custom home community. In that I mean, Pulte comes in, levels everything - trees, land etc - and is a production builder. The neighborhood looks like a model that can be at any of their home locations in the country. Some of the models aren't bad, but expensive once you 'updgrade'. Not the same quality of build if you go to Waterbridge or Waterway Palms Plantation and bring your own builder. In my opinion - as mentioned in other posts - Waterway Palms is better than Waterbridge. Being in the middle of the woods (be it, a huge and by far the nicest amenity center I've seen) for 50k+ is just out of the question. Being in a neighborhood on the intracoastal waterway with dock privileges, picturesque setting on lakes, surrounding a 5 million dollar clubhouse, tennis, and pools has more property value in my opinion. You can't build more waterfront property and land is about 20k less on average.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area