Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 11:31 AM

1,544 posts, read 1,703,841 times

Advertisements

Sara.h - many of the "beach houses" won't do a year lease. They will do a 6 month lease for snowbirds and then rent it out weekly during the season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2015, 03:27 PM

20 posts, read 29,134 times
Yes, I have been making sure to only look at annual rentals. I know all about the weekly rentals from vacationing in Myrtle Beach

Old 05-01-2015, 04:22 AM

20 posts, read 29,134 times
Are there any areas I should be looking in that are maybe just a short drive to the beach, but with other things we could walk to? Rather than limiting ourselves to east of 17?

Old 05-01-2015, 09:09 AM

538 posts, read 1,009,194 times
Surfside, Garden City, Murrells Inlet, Litchfield, Pawleys Island. Or if you want to head north, there is North Myrtle Beach, Little River.
All places are great to look for a "short drive" to the beach. Good luck....

If you find something you like...ask here if house or close surrounding area is good enough. Just because a few photos online look great....you might be on a block that some major construction will be done soon, or next to a sewage plant, etc...

Old 05-04-2015, 06:25 AM

6 posts, read 14,371 times
It's nice to see someone else wanting to move from PA to Myrtle! when I was 14 I lived in oak island NC for about a year, it was a quiet little community much different from Myrtle but I visited Myrtle a lot then. Very touristy in the summer and traffic is pretty bad, but other than that it's beautiful. they've put in a boardwalk since then too (I'm only 19). The crime rates are high, but I've been looking into moving for months and many year round residents say it's because the population is only 27,000 and the city bases their data on that even with all the tourists. try checking Zillow if you want to buy right on the beach- there is PLENTY of condos with multiple bedrooms for under 250k! I know it's not much advice but I hope I helped a little! my post is https://www.city-data.com/forum/myrtl...l#post39478015
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area