Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2016, 12:28 PM

6 posts, read 6,802 times

Advertisements

Debating a move to the area and trying to gauge the schools. Waccamaw vs. St. James. Any experiences or insights into the schools would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2016, 06:29 PM

96 posts, read 220,542 times
Both high schools have very good reputations and both are ranked in the top 20 high schools in the state. They offer AP and honors programs. St James offers an ROTC program but Waccamaw does not. Waccamaw is in Georgetown county and St James is in Horry. Please feel free to ask any specific questions.

Old 12-23-2016, 06:58 PM

214 posts, read 261,576 times
Default Seabass !

Wow , welcome back . It's been over a year .

Old 12-23-2016, 07:19 PM

Figured since no reply I would try to offer something. Looks like times changed a little on here and some of the daily posters must be doing other things lol. This site was really helpful for myself prior and during relocating so try to give a little back.

Old 12-27-2016, 08:28 AM

Thanks Seabass! Leaning towards Waccamaw since I am looking at a job in Georgetown. But I keep finding houses I like more in Murrells . Appreciate the help!

Old 12-27-2016, 08:30 PM

A large part of Murrells is in Georgetown Country and the students will attend Waccamaw . Check a country map and tax register for a specific home to be sure . In Prince Creek its close to one side of street goes to St James and the other Waccamaw . I personally am very pleased with the Waccamaw school system, the elementary through intermediate , middle and the high school. This year intermediate was named a Natioanl Blue Ribbon School. One of only 4 schools in the state to achieve that honor. It's still so refreshing when I meet other parents that have good and thoughtful things to say about the school system . Also most staff that I have meet come across as happy and proud off their school . When I speak to current and former student they appear equally as pleased.

Old 12-28-2016, 08:38 AM

Very helpful info!! Thank you again for taking the time to share your experiences.

Old 12-28-2016, 05:10 PM

312 posts, read 516,851 times
I live in Murrells Inlet and we are zoned for Waccamaw. The neighborhood is Woodlawn Plantation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area