Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2022, 08:07 AM

1 posts, read 792 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are coming in April to determine if the Myrtle Beach area should be on our short list of retirement spots in 2+ years (depending upon house prices and stock market). We plan to look around at Golf Neighborhoods near the beach (prefer ones with their own beach club as well as golf club). We want to look at Grande Dunes, Barefoot, and a couple in the Southern NC area (St. James Plantation and maybe Ocean Ridge). We don't actually want to look at homes (although if there are model homes we may take a peek). We really just want to get a feel for the types of communities that are out there that would fit our criteria in the area and get a feel for the area in general.

My question is does it make sense to do this all on our own or should be contact a realtor to show us around (even though we are not actually looking at houses)? If we do it on our own can we get into these neighborhoods? If we use a realtor are we under any obligation? Can a realtor show us both South and North Carolina neighborhoods?

Thanks for your help. Looking forward to our visit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2022, 11:18 AM

790 posts, read 1,621,859 times
I would recommend that you get a realtor to assist you with your exploration. In at least one of the neighborhoods you mentioned (Grand Dunes), you must have a realtor with you to get past the guards to even drive around in the neighborhood. A realtor can also help you find all the communities which match your criteria. You may need more than one realtor if you're looking in both NC and SC. PM me and I can provide the name of an excellent realtor that can help you in SC (and maybe NC...not sure). You are usually under no obligation to the realtor although I'm sure that they would appreciate you using them if you eventually decide to buy in the area.

Once the realtor has shown you the neighborhoods, you can then explore on your own the areas around the neighborhoods for things like grocery stores, hospitals, shopping, parks, churches, etc.

Old 02-01-2022, 01:46 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,107,880 times
Contact anyone at King One. They are all local Myrtle Beach people. Close friends of the family.

https://www.kingonerealestate.com/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
View detailed profiles of: