Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 02:11 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,932,453 times

Advertisements

I think the comment about accessibility is important. To me easy accessibility is the whole point about scenery or wildlife, especially if you are a true "nature lover".

The beaches are cleaner than many other beaches, but there are some scary beaches out there. Also many nice ones. Depends on what you are comparing them to. Up in NY, NJ, for example beaches can be scary, but further down all along the east coast, there are fabulous beaches and many lakes and rivers also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2011, 04:22 PM

10,234 posts, read 6,319,495 times
"Naples" according some is only OLD NAPLES which is a very, very small and expensive area. Collier County on the other hand, is very extensive and includes Golden Gate., Immokalee, and Evergaldes City. You get out of Naples "proper" and you get a whole lot of NATURE.

Old 12-28-2011, 08:31 AM

378 posts, read 829,964 times
Much of Naples is impressive when seeing it for the first time, especially if coming in from somewhere other than FL. After living someplace for a while, impressive can become ordinary.

Old 12-28-2011, 12:05 PM

4,790 posts, read 10,611,895 times
While chasing the ball today on our course, I saw gators, wood storks, herons, ibis, egrets, hawks, osprey, anhinga, cormorants, anoles, a few butterflies, et al. And, I wasn't exactly studying the landscape...

I live at 5,000 ft elev in the mtns of western NC for more than half the year, and here in 'Naples' the other 5 months. I enjoy the Zone 10 foliage, creatures and much different landscape found here, and the 'change of place' is very enjoyable. Add in the 'Glades, Corkscrew, etc. and there are many sites and places worth exploring, imo.

There is decent close in snorkeling, ok SCUBA, shelling, and damn decent weather from Nov through April, too.

As for that 'ranking' it is just like any filler 'rankings' that float around the 'news sites' on the net, imo. And, alfbroker is accurate: after awhile, any place becomes ordinary, but the key is to seek out new places to go, or different time of day, and keep looking, imo!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples