Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2018, 04:13 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,235,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1921 View Post
The Logan extension has been delayed a bit. Last I heard, it will be late summer next year.

On a related note, it looks like GL Homes will be Adding another 850 homes further east on Immokalee.

https://www.naplesnews.com/story/new...ad/1371061002/
Wow, that will really add to noise and congestion. Even if it takes 10 years to build out it’s a lot of homes. I’m sure the people living in Twin Eagles aren’t thrilled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2018, 04:32 PM

72 posts, read 60,090 times
If I "am wrong correct me but someone told me Randall and 8th and Randall and 16th are going to connect to GGBLD . As is inlike a couple years 47 th ave n Immokolee RD going to hook up to Everglades Blvd ..I guess one day soon you will also see Wilson Blvd hit south through somewhere ?

Old 10-17-2018, 11:46 AM

331 posts, read 452,545 times
No one can answer that for sure. The proposed 1% sales tax is suppose to address bridges, streets, schools, mental health, long awaited promised parks and the sun, moon, and stars. I already forgot several of the other promises and unknown deals like giving some money to Everglades City and Marco Island to get those people to vote for the sales tax.

Don't hold your breath because I don't see the thing passing. This county blames all the faults in Collier County on the 2008 recession. I personally believe their problem is fat payrolls across the county eating up all the new fees from new construction because most home values are back up to pre 2008 and very few abandoned homes (foreclosed) on the market.

Old 10-20-2018, 06:16 AM

1,066 posts, read 623,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naplesfan View Post
I have't seen it yet but I hope it's not another cookie cutter shopping center, I hope it has some style and some rental planning to make it special.

Naplesfan
They installed trees and have now started on the exterior finishing of the center building. A very nice change in the look in just the past week.

Old 10-20-2018, 09:25 AM

1,394 posts, read 2,088,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1921 View Post
They installed trees and have now started on the exterior finishing of the center building. A very nice change in the look in just the past week.
Any idea when the stores will open? I was hoping to get one more season of use out of that intersection before it becomes as bad as the one at 951/Immokalee Rd.

Old 10-22-2018, 05:33 PM

351 posts, read 491,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmoore360 View Post
Hello, I was looking to move to Naples w my 17 year old daughter? What area and or city is the safest? Im looking for a very safe clean area. Are there any dancing schools in the area and things to do for as my daughter is growing up? She is an amazing dancer.
There are a few nice dance studios here. Elite Dance Center & Dance Arts by Maria are two you may want to consider. I'm partial to the former. Very welcoming. Excellent teachers.

Old 11-17-2018, 09:29 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,623,074 times
Most of Naples is gated. One gated community to the next. The traffic is crazy.Seems like the lights need synchronized to favor the larger street, not the community with a couple cars on a trip light. It’s quiet and boring to many. My opinion. My sister used to live there and she loved it.

Old 11-18-2018, 05:34 PM

1,066 posts, read 623,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripower455 View Post
Any idea when the stores will open? I was hoping to get one more season of use out of that intersection before it becomes as bad as the one at 951/Immokalee Rd.
Just saw an update that says the Sprout store will open towards the end of February.

Old 12-18-2018, 03:38 PM

39 posts, read 34,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Middleton View Post
We just moved to Naples area from Miami because we have a small child and decided that the rudeness and cost of living was not condusive for us there any longer. We made a total of 2 friends in 8 years living there. No one talks to anyone or cares about anyone. I always say 'if not for the people, Miami would be paradise'.

Naples is just gorgeous. Lots of stuff to do during the day, not as much at night. If you are looking for a more social scene, maybe Ft Myers would be better and just commute to your job in Naples. But Naples is so much nicer, cleaner, safer than Ft Myers. People are so friendly, we've already met some young families in our community in 3 weeks and have play-dates setup for the kids. Our 'elder' neighbors always smile and wave at us when we drive/walk by (something that no one does in Miami). Schools in Collier are great so that should speak to types of people living there and crime. I don't know of any bad areas in Naples or Bonita Springs.

My wife is a realtor here since we moved so if you need help, just let us know.

Best of luck on your move!
This is so strange. I live in Weston, but visit Naples regularly (we have friends there, lovely town.)

I've lived pretty much everywhere between Flagler in Miami up to Coral Springs in Broward. How is it possible to only make 2 friends in 8 years?

Yeah, Miami has a lot of suckage - traffic is one. But such a notion (2 friends). My wife is from Japan, been here for 29 years. I am from Nicaragua, been here for 38. In our time, we have made many friends (real friends) in all three counties.

I don't know. I cannot fathom the notion that the region, flaws notwithstanding, is a socialization wasteland.

It does not compute. It defies belief. Oh well, to each its own.

Old 12-18-2018, 06:40 PM

3,971 posts, read 9,673,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tothehilt View Post
I'm a 29yr old who lives in Naples and I have to say ^she^ pretty much nailed it. The only thing I'll add is my personal experience. I was born and raised on the east coast of central Florida, graduated from UCF and now live happily in Naples. I moved to Naples because my family was here, but why do I stay?

- Amazing weather (year round)
- Beautiful beaches (year round)
- Just a beautiful extremely well kept area. (roads, buildings, parks)
- Proximity to Tampa and Miami for concerts, sports and other special events.
- Proximity to Key West. (I'm in KW at least 3-4 times a year)
- Awesome boating & fishing. (year round, are you seeing a trend here?)
- Quantity and quality of great unique dining. (hardly any chains or fast food)
- Quantity and quality of high end retail. (Everything from Target to Gucci)
- Proximity to three great airports means you can fly anywhere! (RSW, TPA, MIA)
not to pick holes in your post, but saying "hardly any chains or fast food" is a load of BS. There are a ton of chains here. And if they aren't your typical "chains" there are some really crappy food-joints.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples