Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2013, 06:28 PM

2 posts, read 27,533 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I will be moving to Naples in a couple of weeks. I am in process of searching for apartments there. What resources are best for looking? The only thing i know of right now is apartments.com. It only gives me ~5 hits in the naples area. Know any good brokers or other websites?

I'm looking to rent something for around $1100 or lower. I'm moving there by myself so a one bedroom would work. I prefer to be as close to the beach as possible. Mercato looks like a very nice area and has a whole foods right there. On a quick drive through there looks to be apartments there. I hope they are not out of my price range. Anyone know if there are rentals there and the contact?

Also, are there anything I need to watch out for when renting in Florida or in general. I have rented and lived in apartments before but still.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2013, 06:34 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,027 posts, read 6,545,870 times
There is a lot of information already here. Browse the post on this forum and I think you will find most of what you need info wise. My suggestion is to rent a condo in a community as opposed to an apartment complex. You will find that suggestion echoed in other posts......

Old 03-23-2013, 08:00 PM

91 posts, read 323,481 times
craigslist - the naples news - property managers

Old 03-23-2013, 09:16 PM

146 posts, read 335,720 times
Best advice is to find a private rental, condo rental rather than an apartment complex. Unless you are wealthy Mercado apartments will be out of most people's budgets. I used Christine O'shea who works for Downing Frye to help me find a private condo rental. I owned a house here for 30 years , moved away and came back. She was patient and helpful compared to most agents who don't give much help with rentals.

A few neighborhoods to look at if you want to be near Mercato, Palm River off Immokalee Road, Pine Ridge estates has some guest houses and a few condos just south of Vanderbilt Road. I personally would not live in Naples Park. Be sure to google reviews on any apartment complexes for crime, noise proofing, critters, maintenance. If you see 4 or 5 cars in yards nearby in the neighborhood in many places it's a red flag. Just do some research.

But I highly recommend Christine. Nice lady.

Old 03-30-2013, 08:12 AM

3,418 posts, read 7,790,621 times
There are not any apartments close to the beach. Condos, yes-apartments, no.

Travel is right look for a condo. You can't afford Mercato.

Old 03-30-2013, 08:37 AM

549 posts, read 457,085 times
Look for a condo in Quail Run Golf Club, if it’s not too far from the beach for you. Something like this:
259 Quail Forest Blvd APT 106, Naples, FL 34105 - Zillow

Old 03-30-2013, 06:30 PM

51 posts, read 98,601 times
Default condo rental

I currently live in Naples and my brother just purchased a nice condo close to everything. He's going to rent it out until he moves here. PM me and i can give you his contact number.

Old 03-31-2013, 09:45 AM

1,394 posts, read 2,090,970 times
I'll go with the trend and recommend a private home or condo compared to any complex. I will live in a tent before living in a complex again. People simply have no common courtesy, and living that close to them makes for a miserable experience.

Last edited by Tripower455; 03-31-2013 at 10:23 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
View detailed profiles of: