Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 07:59 AM

7 posts, read 36,967 times

Advertisements

Considering purchasing a condo in Naples - possibly Positano Place or Wiggins Lake & Preserves. Whats the likelihood that I cant rent out this unit during the off season? I'm told October through March is high season and I could rent for approx. 200-2500 per month. I cant get anyone to give me info about renting outside of that window. I dont want to buy now and have it sit vacant until October. Any info for me???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2009, 11:15 AM

3,418 posts, read 7,790,621 times
Go here and see what similar properties are renting for: Rental Property Listings :: Naples FL Homes :: Real Estate, Rentals, MLS

Old 02-16-2009, 12:24 PM

Thanks for the web site recommendation. I can get good info on rental amounts - just not how often during the year I could actually get it rented!

Old 02-16-2009, 01:48 PM

515 posts, read 1,590,882 times
There are SSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOO many rentals right now that you'd be lucky getting decent rent or renters in your place. My experience so far with major realtors who find renters for your place is that they'll do a quick background check and then if they trash your investment it's your problem. makes me wonder?????

Old 02-16-2009, 01:55 PM

1,217 posts, read 2,836,684 times
We owned a rental condo in Naples a year before the crash. Very nice unit with lots of on-site amenities (tennis, pools, near the beach) so I know whereof I speak: you will lose money. You will only be able to rent a month in high season if you are lucky.

We were lucky enough to sell (again before the crash).

If you had a beachfront unit with a great view you could do better rentals,but of course that would cost $$$.

Old 02-18-2009, 01:49 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddct View Post
I'm told October through March is high season
I would never consider Oct to be "high" season. Before I lived in Florida, I usually vacationed in May or Oct to get the off-season rates. Oct is still hurricane season too.

Old 02-18-2009, 10:25 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjstrain View Post
There are SSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOO many rentals right now that you'd be lucky getting decent rent or renters in your place. My experience so far with major realtors who find renters for your place is that they'll do a quick background check and then if they trash your investment it's your problem. makes me wonder?????
It's not only the landlord, but other investors. They're getting so desperate to rent that they often accept anyone with a pulse. Before buying in any condo community, maybe you should listen to this. I posted it on another thread.

[URL="http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=90231954"]Condo Associations Feel Pinch of Housing Downturn : NPR[/URL]

Old 02-18-2009, 12:47 PM

Great information on condo associations! Thanks so much. We are definetly leaning towards NOT buying based on all our research. It seems like this financial mess is a cancer that just keeps growing into everything...

Old 03-21-2009, 12:43 PM

7 posts, read 27,664 times
I was going to buy a condo in Positano Place. Thank goodness, I conducted a search for Registered sexual offenders-because one lives in the complex in building 13000. Quite scary... Stay clear.

Old 03-21-2009, 03:17 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,664,680 times
Default November through March

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I would never consider Oct to be "high" season. Before I lived in Florida, I usually vacationed in May or Oct to get the off-season rates. Oct is still hurricane season too.
is really considered season because October really isn't all that cold in most places. In fact, most snowbirds really come down in January (after the holidays) through March, until maybe right before or right after Easter.

I am going by NAPLES, snowbird heaven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples